"You yourself hired me, ma'am. I have been your nurse these 3 years come May," smiled Nurse Diesel, used to the memory lapses of her lady.

"I've never seen you in my bloody life! You are obviously a nefarious imposter of some sort, a cad-- a rogue! I will not submit to your idea of care, you twisted methods of medical madness. Go away now. You are discharged from my service."

Nurse Diesel ran to her room, crying. Meanwhile, Sherman in his office had no idea Caroline wanted to see him. If Reviak would only emerge from his drunken stupor and remember his task, all would be well.

And Reviak did emerge; a poison blade concealed in his palm, the blade twisted and worn. He moved from the shadows of the avenue knowing what he would do; the voice in his head was indeed his own truly, and what it described--demanded-- he relished.

Caroline felt both bewildered and cross. She felt cross with herself for the outburst she had subjected Nurse Diesel to and cross that her beloved had not come to see her. Had Reviak given him the message that she wanted to see him she wondered.

Little did anyone know that a storm stirred on the horizon, a lashing maelstrom ready to fall upon the land; it blew onto the beaches of England in the form of contempt and deceit, an ugly wind set to breech the hopes and woes of the dismal world inhabited by Caroline and her naive lot.

That storm, with the name of Azrothic, has just landed and is making her way towards the village, to retrieve her demon child lost these many months on this foreign shore. May those that have the child be in good stead with their Gods, for the consort of hell on earth will find her spawn and destroy all those in her way.

This Azrothic, this beast, required no map nor compass-- the destination was burned into her souless cavity, a thrashing cravass brimming with revenge and a taste for fresh, British blood.

As this beast was making its way towards her home Caroline was becoming even more concerned by the minute. She was worried about Reviak and why hadn't Sherman come to see her.

Sherman and Reviak stood on the clay cliffs staring into the sea: "Must you make this decision so early, my friend?" Said Sherman. "Yes" Said Reviak "The time has come to prevent the act that will surely occur-- I need you help, Sherman, and ... your complete trust, dear friend."

'Ok. What can I do for you?' replied Sherman. 'I need you to help me' said Reviak.

And Reviak said: You must disavow your loyalty to this woman-- you may still love her (and you probably shall always...) but you must leave you fidelity to her at the door, the door to our future.. the door to our covenant."

But why? Who will take care of the child? And Caroline, my love?

"This is no concern of yours" Said Reviak "She is mouse of a woman, and the child-- a rat. Do you care about the fate of a rodent? You should not. Their God will take them as far as they need to go (which I expect will not be very far). Wake up, man, and listen! Stop with your questions and go prepare yourself, now"

"No! cried Sheman and he rode off toward his town and Caroline. Snarling, Reviak turned and took up the chase. "I should have no problem catching this worm," he thought...

(matt: only 3 sentences... See opening post ;))

"No! cried Sheman and he rode off toward his town and Caroline. Snarling, Reviak turned and took up the chase. "I should have no problem catching this worm," he thought...

(matt: only 3 sentences... See opening post ;))

Sorry. I keeping thinking "three lines" not three sentences. Will do three sentences next time. ;)

Matty

It is 3 lines folks. You can have as many sentences as you want in those 3 lines.

Sherman turned as he was running only to see Reviak lumbering after him. 'How can I outrun this guy, this thing' thought Sherman, desperate to see his beloved Caroline. Oh if only he hadn't found that baby, things would not have become the nightmare they are now.

As he was passing a field, Sherman saw a horse in the pasture, calmly eating grass. With Reviak gaining, he decided to try to make it to the horse. But as he approached the horse, he tripped, just as a rock sailed over his head, missing by a hair's breadth.

Reviak had little patience and now even less respect for this Englishman; he called out: "Where are you going-- hiding in a field? You are no brighter than the horses and bulls there!" Sherman embraced the ground as if wishing to sink into his own tomb rather than face Reviak and his scorn.

Unbeknownst to Caroline, Azrothic entered the village. "I'm close," she muttered, "I can smell the little beast." And unrevealed to Azrothic, Caroline (as Smakta) was much more powerful than than even her. The fight should be swift, and will not go well unless she finds help.

The story so far...

It was late on a very dark January night...

when Caroline arrived home from work.

The wind touched down upon the shingles of the house while the gaslights fluttered in a copper haze.

"Is that you, Caroline?" her husband called from his study.

Caroline paused, worried at this sudden, unexpected kindness. He only ever did this when he'd done something he knew she'd hate. It wasn't a good omen.

'What has he done now?' she thought to herself, going back to times past when he had been caught having an affair with his young secretary Jenna

"Come in here, quickly" he called. Apprehensively, she walked to the open study door and took a deep breath before entering.

"Here, I've poured us both a Brandy", he said, "we're going to need it". Caroline was shocked! Her husband, Sherman, had been sober for nearly three years.

"I'll get straight to the point," Sherman quavered, spilling a little brandy on the coffee table. "I went down into the toolshed yesterday. There was...a baby there."

'A baby!!!' Caroline excalimed. How on earth did that get there I wonder??

"I don't know, but at least she is alive and healthy. Nicolas is caring for her now. Thank God I found her when I did.", Sherman sighed, then added reluctantly, "I have to tell you something, Caroline. The aspen trees in the witch's grove have been charred again."

Caroline paused, slowly poured a large glass of brandy, and drank it down in ten seconds flat.

In the morning, Caroline woke up in her bed with a blood pressure cuff around her arm and Dr. Florence checking her pulse. She groaned, looked around to make sure her husband was not in the room and said to the doctor, "Sarah...

"Hush, my dear. You seem to have had a shock and you need to rest," the doctor said. He placed a warm, caring hand on her forehead as he smiled at her.

"Yes, but what about Sarah... and the baby... and... and..." Caroline stammered, "th-the... w-witch's grove?"

"The grove is no more. It is been cleared by Master Sorn and his underlings it seems; Master Sorn decided it was up to him to confront this problem and thus he did. Do not worry, Dear." Said she.

Sherman burst into the room, out of breath from running up the stairs, "The baby...", he panted with a horrified look on his face, "she sprouted wings!"

"Aye!" Said Dr. Florence "Are the wings of flesh or are they of protoplasm? This is the most important question to ask yourself, Sir."

"Doctor, please, I'm not a biologist. Hurry, come look for yourself. Caroline, are you feeling better? Can you come with us? You really should not be left alone." "Yes", she said, pulling on her robe as she followed them out the door and down the stairs.

And it did not take long for the group to discover the matter to be worse than they had feared; The baby had not only grown stately wings woven from flesh and scar, its eyes shown with the light of the purple-brown snake nests of old, the venom of ages of neglect filtering through its simpering glare. It spoke one word:

"Mother?"

'She thinks you're her mother Caroline' said Sherman. 'What?? me a mother!!' excalimed Caroline 'Is this some kind of a joke Sherman?' 'No my dear' he replied.

"Me a mother? I would never birth such a curiosity, and had I, it should look smarter-- its wings would not dangle like a bat's or a-- a bloody fallen angel's. It would not stand humped over like this-- it would stand rigid as a gaslight and its height would be in proportion to its girth! " Said She "No, Sherman, I protest. This is is not child, it is a-- a monster. Worse than a monster I should say." Caroline folded her arms and looked at the ceilings. "And, besides this, it does not even have my nose--it has no nose at all!"

'It might not look like you Caroline' said the doctor 'but evidently this child has been sent to you by another entity for you to look after and cherish'. It could be a test to mankind. You should be honoured my friend.

"A test to mankind?" Said She "Then this should be your test, Sir. Throw this beast into the furnace at once and bring me a proper child."

Caroline took a deep breath and composed herself. She wondered why Sherman had been in the toolshed yesterday and whatever happened to Jenna? "Sherman, you burn the beast."

'Ok sweetheart' replies Sherman taking some petrol and firelighters over to it. 'Are you sure this is what you want?' he asks. 'Yes' replied Caroline. With that Sherman begins to pour the fuel over the beast and lights one of the firelighters.

As the beast is burning Sherman begins to chant 'beast brought to us by another entity be happy in heaven or return to your own planet. We are unable to help you here!!! be gone with you!'

Caroline had not expected this sign of Sherman's love for her. "Wait!" she screamed, "Douse out the flames!" The winged baby beast-thing screamed "MOTHER!!!"

And it certainly did not burn well; whatever realms this child came from flames were its natural cradle and heat its nanny. It turned and grimaced at "Mother" while the fire turned to ice and fell to its feet.

"I have come to harm you in the worst of ways. I have come to love you as well. The matter between the two is yours to unravel and enjoy lest you die in the process that is."

Caroline felt herself starting to faint. She always fainted when faced with these types of difficult situations. What she really wanted was more brandy.

At that same moment Reverand Squall burst through the door, out of breath: "There you are, love!" said he grabbing the creature into his arms "You were due home at 6:00!" They embraced for a moment, two lovers reunited. The creature complained softly: "Not in front of the mortals. How many times must I tell you?"

Reverand Squall took the creature by the hand and led her out the door.

Caroline turned to Sherman. "Thank God that's over! Let's order a pizza."

"What is this 'pizza' you speak of and what will you order it to do?" Said Sherman. "It is a bread of sorts with cheese and a sauce it is." Said She. "There is no such dish available, dear-- we live in Yorkshire-- the year is 1852-- you're hallucinating, that's it. Doctor, bring the morphine quick to alleviate these mad visions!"

Little did they know, but Caroline was not really Caroline at all. She was Smakta -- who time-traveled from the planet Riojal through a wormhole and metamorphosed into Caroline's body when the real Caroline fainted. Riohalans had been studying Earth for many centuries, past present and future.

But, Caroline in her alien intelligence, did not realize that the Doctor was already onto her; upon injecting her with the syringe to settle her madness, he had also introduced Methylhydroxide-4, a chemical recently discovered in the labs of Geneva, originally used on rabid primates. This would control her disturbing powers he was most sure.

"Oh my, I feel so strange... I..." Smakta felt the room shift and darkness crept in to her peripheral vision. She tried to read the thoughts of the handsome one, Caroline's husband, of Nicolas the caretaker, but she only sensed concern from these two. It was the doctor--his thoughts were--evil.

Dr. Florence was not the type of Doctor you would trust with a gangreaned appendeage never-the-less the fate of your deepest faiths; we quivered at times when no one was looking, and when people looked, he donned the face of a old-country Doctor-- an old-country Doctor with a secret to keep hidden and with no truth to share.

He was starting to understand more clearly--the alien posing as Caroline was onto him. This morning when she first awoke and spoke to him, 'Caroline' was not refering to someone else--she had called him Sarah.

He took Sherman to one side and whispered 'Sherman, I think Caroline may be suffering some kind of mental breakdown. I'm sorry but I feel that they best place for her right now may be the local hospital. They can test her then'. Sherman thought for a minute...

"Hmmm... she really hasn't been herself lately...", he pondered.

"Then the matter is settled." Said the Doctor "I shall call for the transportation cage and she can moved immediately." "A cage?" Asked Sherman. "Why, yes, a cage-- how else would you suggest moving a patient of this sort? Never you mind the details, Sherman. I am the professional here. She will be in good hands. Very Good Hands."

While the Methylhydroxide-4 kept Caroline's body frozen and prevented Smakta from opening her eyes or speaking, she clearly understood the conversation. Her only hope was to communicate telepathically with Sherman or Nicolas.

Smakta could only lay now in Carolines subconscious, a velveteen gulch covered in dainty trinkets and a lack of opinion. Smakta did not like it here.

"So get OUT!" Said a big voice booming from somewhere within. Head pounding and surprised beyond belief, Smakta thought "Who the hell are you?"

'I am your guardian angel' said the voice ' you are not safe here smakta. These people will take away your special power. You must return to the year 2112'.

Caroline's body had been inanimate for hours when the wagon arrived with the cage to transport her to the hospital. "Lift her up and put her in," said Dr Florence. Sherman held Caroline in his arms as if it would be the last time and said to her lifeless body, "I know you can't hear me, but I love you so much, Caroline."

'I can hear you Sherman' Caroline said to herself 'but I can't do anything to show you how much I love you too while I'm in this vegetative state'. 'I'll be back soon' she vowed.

But she did not mean a word of it; Her deepest feelings were selfish and greedy, her only reason for her kind words and blushing glances-- to lure the "love" of her life deeper into her plot, to offer him as a sacrifice to Smakta... to offer him up to her alien overlord in return for her own freedom.

She felt as though just occasionally she should live as herself rather then just a plaything solely for her overlords use. She wanted to live a little and to travel, something she felt she couldn't do under his evil eye.

She gave up on ever regaining her true self, though. She was the type of lady to capsize at any little event-- the tapping of her soul by a immortal presence, well...

that was Smakta all over. She decided that she wasn't going to let Smakta rule over her any longer and she would return to her beloved husband as a new reformed woman. It was this man who gave her the love she craved and made sure she wanted for nothing.

Her hopes were high, of course, as high as hopes could be when dying inside. She felt strong (she hoped), and she felt sure at least for the moment; but how could she make the break away needed in order to reclaim her life again?

And that's when Revlak entered the picture, riding his flame-gold stallion. Tall, rugged, with deep green eyes, eons ago he would have been a god. "May I be of service, M'Lady?"

Yes Reviak you may be of service she replied. Go and fetch my beloved Earth husband Sherman for me. He will be in his office in London's Oxford Street. Your wish is my command M'lady Reviak replied

But the horseman did not do as he was asked to do; he trotted down the lane, took a swig of gin from a glass flask, and threw the bottle against a brick wall. Today would be his day (he was sure) as he rode lazily down the road smirking.

Meanwhile Caroline was becoming more desperate by the minute to see her husband. 'Where the devil has that Reviak got to' she said aloud to herself not realising a nurse had entered the room. 'Who's Reviak?' asked the nurse

"Who's Reviak! Simply the most gallant many man-- besides Sherman, of course-- with the most charming horse-- besides Sherman's horse, of course. You are a nurse? Your sensitivity is quite unimpressive."

"You yourself hired me, ma'am. I have been your nurse these 3 years come May," smiled Nurse Diesel, used to the memory lapses of her lady.

"I've never seen you in my bloody life! You are obviously a nefarious imposter of some sort, a cad-- a rogue! I will not submit to your idea of care, you twisted methods of medical madness. Go away now. You are discharged from my service."

Nurse Diesel ran to her room, crying. Meanwhile, Sherman in his office had no idea Caroline wanted to see him. If Reviak would only emerge from his drunken stupor and remember his task, all would be well.

And Reviak did emerge; a poison blade concealed in his palm, the blade twisted and worn. He moved from the shadows of the avenue knowing what he would do; the voice in his head was indeed his own truly, and what it described--demanded-- he relished.

Caroline felt both bewildered and cross. She felt cross with herself for the outburst she had subjected Nurse Diesel to and cross that her beloved had not come to see her. Had Reviak given him the message that she wanted to see him she wondered.

Little did anyone know that a storm stirred on the horizon, a lashing maelstrom ready to fall upon the land; it blew onto the beaches of England in the form of contempt and deceit, an ugly wind set to breech the hopes and woes of the dismal world inhabited by Caroline and her naive lot.

That storm, with the name of Azrothic, has just landed and is making her way towards the village, to retrieve her demon child lost these many months on this foreign shore. May those that have the child be in good stead with their Gods, for the consort of hell on earth will find her spawn and destroy all those in her way.

This Azrothic, this beast, required no map nor compass-- the destination was burned into her souless cavity, a thrashing cravass brimming with revenge and a taste for fresh, British blood.

As this beast was making its way towards her home Caroline was becoming even more concerned by the minute. She was worried about Reviak and why hadn't Sherman come to see her.

Sherman and Reviak stood on the clay cliffs staring into the sea: "Must you make this decision so early, my friend?" Said Sherman. "Yes" Said Reviak "The time has come to prevent the act that will surely occur-- I need you help, Sherman, and ... your complete trust, dear friend."

'Ok. What can I do for you?' replied Sherman. 'I need you to help me' said Reviak.

And Reviak said: You must disavow your loyalty to this woman-- you may still love her (and you probably shall always...) but you must leave you fidelity to her at the door, the door to our future.. the door to our covenant."

But why? Who will take care of the child? And Caroline, my love?

"This is no concern of yours" Said Reviak "She is mouse of a woman, and the child-- a rat. Do you care about the fate of a rodent? You should not. Their God will take them as far as they need to go (which I expect will not be very far). Wake up, man, and listen! Stop with your questions and go prepare yourself, now"

"No! cried Sherman and he rode off toward his town and Caroline. Snarling, Reviak turned and took up the chase. "I should have no problem catching this worm," he thought...

Sherman turned as he was running only to see Reviak lumbering after him. 'How can I outrun this guy, this thing' thought Sherman, desperate to see his beloved Caroline. Oh if only he hadn't found that baby, things would not have become the nightmare they are now.

As he was passing a field, Sherman saw a horse in the pasture, calmly eating grass. With Reviak gaining, he decided to try to make it to the horse. But as he approached the horse, he tripped, just as a rock sailed over his head, missing by a hair's breadth.

Reviak had little patience and now even less respect for this Englishman; he called out: "Where are you going-- hiding in a field? You are no brighter than the horses and bulls there!" Sherman embraced the ground as if wishing to sink into his own tomb rather than face Reviak and his scorn.

Unbeknownst to Caroline, Azrothic entered the village. "I'm close," she muttered, "I can smell the little beast." And unrevealed to Azrothic, Caroline (as Smakta) was much more powerful than than even her. The fight should be swift, and will not go well unless she finds help.

Azrothic knew that her offspring was close but she didn't realise just how close. Meanwhile Caroline knew that to save herself she had a fight on her hands... a fight she was determined to win.

commented: Had fun writing this with you - Way to keep it up! +3

But alas, Caroline's strength was not truly hers, but that of Smakta dwelling within. Smakta must regain control or Caroline would die. She surfaced while Caroline slept and wrote a note for Caroline to find upon waking.

The note read
Caroline when you wake I am going to help you fight the wrath of the devil who comes towards you with sinister intentions. Do not be afraid for I am here to help

But you must get Sherman, for your love for him strengthens me and you need me. Yours truly, Smakta

P.S. I am she who dwells within you.

A small light was shone upon Carolines face while she slept, eventually rousing her from sleep.

She sat up, rubbing her eyes in the soft morning glow, she noticed the note. It quickly energized her and she ate a hurried breakfast of buttered toast and scrambled eggs. Then off she went to find Sherman.

(trying to jump start this again)

She found Sherman eventually after much searching and waiting at home in her Kitchen. Sherman she shrieked. Oh my god Caroline its you Sherman exclaimed. How how i have waited so long to see you looking so vibrant and healthy babe. I have missed you so much. Babe i have missed you too she replied

C'MON GUYS THIS START THIS BACK UP AGAIN. I'VE BEEN TOO BUSY WITH WORK N STUDIES TO COME ON A LOT BUT IM HERE NOW

on a beautiful morning Sherman and Caroline went outside to have a walk

. It was a beautiful morning, the birds were chirping away, the wind blew Caroline's hair lightly across her face as they strolled through their large yet heavenly garden towards the lake

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.