Meh when i die i die. Just want to get a couple of things done first.

Meh when i die i die. Just want to get a couple of things done first.

haha.. don't we all.

My life dream would be to experience a few seconds in space.

My life dream is to not have to work..

Ok, well any more questions?

My life dream is to not have to work..

My dream in life is to get a job.... no-one wants me :(

Ok, seriously let's get back on topic.
Questions?

Ok, seriously let's get back on topic.
Questions?

Why do you accept something so blindly? Have you ever doubted your faith?

Why do you accept something so blindly? Have you ever doubted your faith?

I don't accept my faith blindly, there's nothing that has distorted my vision.
Yes, I have doubted once, if there was a God and if everything I believed in was just a huge lie. But the real proof is revealed in my life, God has done so much for me that it would be utterly absurd if I didn't believe in Him. Say what you want about coincidences, emotions, or feelings... but the truth is that there is nothing better than knowing you have hope through every situation.

Do you believe in the 'created in 7 days' earth story?

Do you believe in the 'created in 7 days' earth story?

I believe what the Bible says, so yes.

OMG serunson - read the previous pages! That was covered in depth!

OMG serunson - read the previous pages! That was covered in depth!

Lol... =p

I believe what the Bible says, so yes.

yea.. but you don't really believe it was created in 7 'earth' days, right? Most Christians argue that God's 'days' are much different than ours..

This story is another reason why the bible was not supposed to be taken literal. Creating the universe in literally 7 days is unrealistic, and science backs the idea that it took billions of years. The story was simply supposed to tell people that god was the creator.. not specifically how the Earth was created

yea.. but you don't really believe it was created in 7 'earth' days, right? Most Christians argue that God's 'days' are much different than ours..

I believe both.

This story is another reason why the bible was not supposed to be taken literal. Creating the universe in literally 7 days is unrealistic, and science backs the idea that it took billions of years. The story was simply supposed to tell people that god was the creator.. not specifically how the Earth was created

Actually, the story was written for that purpose, why do you think it describes how God created everything into being? "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth..." and then it goes on to describe what He did on each day.

Creating the universe in 7 days is of course unrealistic in our simple minds, but remember that Christians believe God is too powerful for us to even begin to comprehend.

I am sorry i am lazy ~ so sorry again
But you can make something from nothing!

I am sorry i am lazy ~ so sorry again
But you can make something from nothing!

huh? It is not possible to make something from nothing..

Its just an expression.

I think science makes a lot more sense that the bible.

Quantum Flux my friends ~
Energy turned into matter!
Seeing as Energy has no mass thus it is 'nothing'.
I like space science and stuff!

I think science makes a lot more sense that the bible.

I do concur

huh? It is not possible to make something from nothing..

In the beginning ? I'm not sure there is a beginning or a time when there was nothing, merely a barrier at which point the rules of nature that we have created thus far to explain our current universe were... different. There never was nothing there was always something.

There is no God?

The universe is perhaps one all powerful being, we do not comprehend it yet, like a baby that is fascinated by it's own feet floating seemingly independantly above it and having no idea that they are one whole. Yoda knew this :)

What is it that makes us...well us? we are all scientifically just a bunch of atoms. Cells are replaced, wounds are healed, yet I am still me. There must be something more than just matter and energy, a spirit. I beleive the spirit echos after death, leaves a faint shadow behind of the once living. The atoms that makes us can never be destroyed they will continue, ever more dispersed through entropy but never gone.

We should not fear death afterall it's the moment you get to find out!

There is no God?

The universe is perhaps one all powerful being, we do not comprehend it yet, like a baby that is fascinated by it's own feet floating seemingly independantly above it and having no idea that they are one whole. Yoda knew this :)

What is it that makes us...well us? we are all scientifically just a bunch of atoms. Cells are replaced, wounds are healed, yet I am still me. There must be something more than just matter and energy, a spirit. I beleive the spirit echos after death, leaves a faint shadow behind of the once living. The atoms that makes us can never be destroyed they will continue, ever more dispersed through entropy but never gone.

We should not fear death afterall it's the moment you get to find out!

And what proof do you offer of life after death? What scientific evidence do you have for a soul? Over billions of years, life has evolved into complex organisms that have an advanced state of consciousness. It took billions of years for humans to evolve, and we are not even close to being perfect. Evolution will continue after our deaths, and soon we will all be forgotten..

And what proof do you offer of life after death? What scientific evidence do you have for a soul? Over billions of years, life has evolved into complex organisms that have an advanced state of consciousness. It took billions of years for humans to evolve, and we are not even close to being perfect. Evolution will continue after our deaths, and soon we will all be forgotten..

It's not about proof, it's about faith. Christianity is not like Science... you can't have all the answers you're looking for, sometimes you just have to believe.

.. which is both Christianity's biggest strength and its biggest weakness..

How is that?

Through faith, followers only need to trust in God. Evidence and science mean nothing.. So long as you have faith, you will someday know everything and be with god in eternity

On the contrary, there is little evidence to support Christianity. If anything, science refutes the idea of a supreme ruler of the universe. There is no scientific data that backs up religion..

Through faith, followers only need to trust in God. Evidence and science mean nothing.. So long as you have faith, you will someday know everything and be with god in eternity

On the contrary, there is little evidence to support Christianity. If anything, science refutes the idea of a supreme ruler of the universe. There is no scientific data that backs up religion..

There's a lot of evidence that proves Christianity, but I have already gone over those... and I'm too tired to re-post them.

But in reality, we have faith because we believe in Jesus who died for our sins and rose again 3 days later. We don't need any proof, even though there is hundreds of points I could make out.

Yes, I recall your 'proof' of Christianity.. It's a bit lacking, and I wouldn't really call it scientific.. but thats the difference btwn us

Eh, I don't call it scientific either. I call it historical.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.