Please, please, please help me. My new computer is having a very strange problem ever since i put on easy tune pro 5.0 and nVIDIA nTUNE on it. I put these on it because i was getting strange flashes of white across the screen when i was playing games, which ultimately kept crashing my games when i was playing the games. So i thought it might be a graphics card problem (i have a nVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT). After i got these i went on them had a snoop around them and then when i went onto Easy tune and some weird thing said motherboard fan going into cruise mode - you must restart computer i so i exited that pop-up and then i went to bed. the next morning i turn it on and it freezes at the logon screen. so i restart the computer and it does the same at the windows bootup display. So i am getting confused and i restart it again goes to the very first gigabyte logo (i have a GA-8N-SLI PRO motherboard) and it freezes. so i hold down the on button and turn it off. i check the wiring and all that - nothings wrong here, so i turn it on again does the same thing at the windows bootup display (freezes) so i restart it again and it asks if i want to go into safe mode and i try to move the highlight up but the keyboard isn't working! so it automatically goes into normal mode and it gets to the logon screen and it hasn't freezed yet but the mouse and keyboard don't work. i reconnect them to different usb ports and all that but still nothing! So i use an adapter so i can plug them into the ps/2 ports - the lights flash on the keyboard a couple of times (when booting up gigabyte thing and when booting up windows) but they still don't work. so i am really in need of help, please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

try safe mode again with mouse plugged into ps/2.
hit f8 on bootup for safe mode

Ok don't worry. Its fixed. The big cpu cooling fan on the processor was getting a little loose from its traveling and wasn't putting all its wait on the processor so it was over heating. the computer is on its side now so the problem has stopped as the fan is putting all its weight on the processor. Thats it in simple details

Ok don't worry. Its fixed. The big cpu cooling fan on the processor was getting a little loose from its traveling and wasn't putting all its wait on the processor so it was over heating. the computer is on its side now so the problem has stopped as the fan is putting all its weight on the processor. Thats it in simple details

heatsinc and fan should be clamped in place for best results

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.