Yea, that was our high school scale..

Mine has always been the same as jbennet's.

for A levels here its

A 80% +
B 70 -> 80 %
C 60 -> 70 %
D 50 -> 60 %
E 40 - 50 %
U (fail) less than 40%

C/D is considered average and an E or above is considered a pass

for gcse (high school) it was easier to get the A,B,C grades as it went A* to G

well gawd damn.. that doesn't seem hard.. why is everything so low??

Mine has always been the same as jbennet's.

what?

Apparently he can fortell the future. Either that or he got you confused with someone else.

well gawd damn.. that doesn't seem hard.. why is everything so low??

beacuse its hard. At 6th form (16 - 18) people only do 3 subjects

Oh, oops. I meant EnderX Sorry. lol

Yeah, 80 percent or higher for an A seems kind of easy. Maybe the classes are harder.

beacuse its hard. At 6th form (16 - 18) people only do 3 subjects

ah icic.. I'd like to be a 'foreign' exchange student and take classes in England.. just to see how their education system works.. it would be exciting too :) as I have never been anywhere outside the U.S. I was invited to go to England via some ambassador program, but it cost way too much.

Anyone here study chemistry or physics?

i can post some past papers

P.S you should have come to england and stayed with me :)

Yeah, I've studied both. My favorite subjects.

Okay basically "A" levels comprise of an AS + an A2. Each is 1 year. The idea is that if you find it hard you can leave with just the AS which is a recognised qualification.

Here is a link to one of the three A2 chemstry module exams. This exam would be the first one sat in the seond year ( 17/18 year olds)

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Data/publications/past_question_papers_mark_schemes_and_materials/AS_A_Level60679.pdf

Anyone here study chemistry or physics?

i can post some past papers

P.S you should have come to england and stayed with me :)

Yea, I'm better at physics though.. post a link to a physics exam or something, and I'll see how an American high school student does.

hah.. that would have been tight :) You could teach me the accent

eh, I didn't know any of that.. never learned electricity and magnetism.. have anything on mechanics?

electricty and mangentism is like the main focus of physics over here

They didn't teach you electricity and magnetism? Why not?

At my hs, they offer three physics courses. Physics 1, which is basic mechanics. And then 2 higher level physics courses. Physics 2: B Is electricity and magnetism, which covers the topics for the physics B AP test. Then, there is Physics 2: C, which is again mechanics.. but with calculus, and is much more complex. It covers the mechanics AP test. I only took physics 1 and physics 2:C b/c phys C is more challenging, and I didn't have any room for phys B. 9th I took bio 1, 10th I took chem 1, 11th I took bio 2 and physics 1, and 12th I took phys 2:C

mehcnics = maths over here

physics mechanics is math? What math courses are offered there?

Here they offer Algebra 1, Algebra 2/Trigonometry, Algebra 3, Geometry, Precalculus, AP Calculus, Statistics, and I think a few other electives. Some of those also come in honors if you want. If you want to go into something higher than AP Calculus still in your high school career, you have to go to PSO which is post secondary option where you go to college for part of the day.

Ours is similar.. thats a lot of math classes for 4 years of hs.

Alg 1 in 8th, geom in 9th, alg 2 in 10th, pre-cal in 11th, calc 1 and calc 2 in 12th, and differential equations for all those ahead one level in math.

I'd say WWII is my favorite period. That and the Civil War. I'm pretty much interested in anything from 1940-1965, too.

I'd say WWII is my favorite period. That and the Civil War. I'm pretty much interested in anything from 1940-1965, too.

Yeah... WWII is the most interesting to me also.

I think that's what most people like.

Probably...

I find more localised conflicts more interesting e.g N.I

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.