Considering that the new reputation feature of displaying the name of the repper is out, its quite interesting to skim through some old threads and see what some people think about others.

Here is one interesting thread which has a lot of 'interesting' rep activity. I just thought you would like it. Read through the rep comments and you would really have a good time.

Feel free to post your own observations / interesting threads.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

:icon_lol: that was pretty funny seeing how much went on in there...

I was pretty angry that day.
I'm sorry =(

commented: You were. -2
commented: This is for taking off all that reputation from ~s.o.s~ -2

The problem I have is that if I've already given rep to someone I can't see who else might have reped him/her. Get the error message that I must spread rep around before I can rep that person again.

Maybe Dani ought to know about this as it was working fine for me a couple of hours back.

PS: Am I seeing things or the rep dots are really going dark green...

commented: You need glasses. -2
commented: iamthwee, you aren't very nice :P But no, I can't see any change in the color... +11

The problem I have is that if I've already given rep to someone I can't see who else might have reped him/her. Get the error message that I must spread rep around before I can rep that person again.

Works fine for me.

commented: dont start this rep war with me. i already told him i was sorry. so stop! -2
commented: An equalizer is a must. Don't worry when I am here Joey. ;-) +19

For someone who still thinks I am bragging / joking, here is the proof. I am using FF on Win 2003 if that makes any difference.

They still look the same here.

Hmm...its a pity. I know I am old but not old enough to be wearing glasses. But seriously you guys have scared the hell out of me. I hope its my really old monitor / graphic card which is causing the problem.

S.O.S. I see it in your screenshot, but I don't see in on my computer. It's not your eyes... But speaking of revelations, rereading the religion thread has been fun.

Ah..thanks for letting me know its not my eyes. Oh and I have yet to read that 'God' thread. Hope I have real fun reading it. ;-)

Okay. Now I'm seeing your rep bar get darker, too.

Hehe maybe its just illusion. Funny the others flatly refused that it wasn't getting darker.

Well, your rep marks were all the same light green color, to me, when you first mentioned and posted the screenshot of it. But now they're darker.

It's clearly visible that the rep is getting darker on the screenshot that ~s.o.s~ posted, and now that I look closely, there is a slight difference.

More to the point, the images are in fact different. Normal one is this:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/myimages/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

Last few dots on ~s.o.s~'s reputation have this:
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/myimages/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

I would say it's iamthwee who needs the glasses now :icon_lol:

PS: Now that I think about it, someone is really embarassed about being invisible...

commented: What makes you think I was being serious? -2

:$

For someone who still thinks I am bragging / joking, here is the proof. I am using FF on Win 2003 if that makes any difference.

You are not hallicunating -- I see the problem in Vista Home Premium and IE7.:D That probably only happens when you have to many green dots that they won't all fit on the line.

S.O.S 's rep is darker. (last 2 in particular) I am using XP Home SP2 with IE6.

It's not a bug: Darker green dots are worth doubly more and darker red dots are worth doubly less.

hehe, yeah looking through a particular thread is interesting and entertaining. I was having a good laugh yesterday doing a bit of research in each thread that generated a lot of activity the past few weeks.

Another thing that may interest you is going to a any user profile , and see who has given the latest reputation. And see if the reciever has returned the favour. :D

Does rep still fade away into nothing on the control panel? I'd love to be able to page through all of my rep instead of the most recent 15. At the very least it would be nice to be able to search for a member's (mine or someone else's) posts that have rep attached.

below is a screenshot of what I was complaining about earlier. I can't see what rep has been given to that thread until I give someone else rep.

below is a screenshot of what I was complaining about earlier. I can't see what rep has been given to that thread until I give someone else rep.

That's only because that post hasn't received any reputation yet. If a post has received reputation, it's got a colored (or gray) dot beside the "add to x's reputation". And clicking on it reveals reputation below any message that says "you must spread more reputation".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.