Personally i do not think the government has anything to do with acctually giving you rights i think that is still left up to what is accepted as normal. I think the government play a part in trying to enforce these rights or at least the ones that have been written down such as your americans constitution. However i think there are alot of unwritten "rights" in a society that are generally enforced by society (this also probably covers the limitations of these rights).

Personally i do not think the government has anything to do with acctually giving you rights i think that is still left up to what is accepted as normal. I think the government play a part in trying to enforce these rights or at least the ones that have been written down such as your americans constitution. However i think there are alot of unwritten "rights" in a society that are generally enforced by society (this also probably covers the limitations of these rights).

Well, if you interpret "society" as "government", does that change anything?

Yea, well, in a democracy the government does as the people wish (usually..). So, whatever rules the majority want in place, such rules are put in place. IF people wanted murder to be legal, then the government would make it so. You are correct in assuming that it is really society's rules.. not so much the government's. Their purpose is to protect us, and the laws we decide upon. Also, in the USA, the minority still have rights.. It's not like some countries where the majority is discriminate against a certain minority, and can actually take power away from them. The minority retain their rights in the American system of government.

it won't really stop him from doing it again, but you have to credit the judge just for having the balls to do it! lol

Dazza :cool:

No it wont stop him from doing Jack!!!

The whole thing is a joke really.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.