He has a television show?

It does come on A&E.

It's been on for three seasons on A&E. He has really done some extremely cool tricks, it comes on at 10pm on Tuesday evenings. If you get a chance you should really watch it. He has made a cellphone go into a beer bottle, levitated between two buildings, walked up the side of a building. He made an elephant disappear, a hummer, pulled a playmate out of someones duffle bag. It's a good show, and he is a good illusionist.

I can't stand David Blaine, and I was a huge fan of David Copperfiled. I think Criss Angel is an awesome performer, and so does the entire magic community, who gave him their highest award, two years in a row I believe. If he isn't the top magician performing right now I'd really like to know who is,
And a horrible magician, in my opinion (and a lot of other peoples opinions) is a magician who's act you can figure out, not one who stumps you 95% of the time.

haha.. South Park did an episode regarding David Blane. He won biggest dou*** in the Universe award :D

No that was John Edwards, the phycic guy. But yeah I really don't like David Blaine either. Him and the people he does tricks with (supposedly random people) just have a blah personality and those people never even seem all that impressed. Besides that I don't think his illusions are that good or hard to figure out.

Oh derr.. David Blane was that Super Best Friends episode where he tries to get tax exempt status by having people drown themselves! lol.. sry, the episodes all kinda run together now..

commented: don't you just hate gray reputation? ;) +20

I never saw that one. Sounds funny. I watched the one today with the home schooled kids.

I agree with all the Blaine comments, he just seems so bored, and doesn't seem to show any type of emotion. And what's magical about standing on a pole, sitting in a block of ice, or in a glass box? And that whole BS about holding his breath for nine minutes, what a crock.

Yeah, but stooges? That's too easy to see through.

Him and the people he does tricks with (supposedly random people)

So Blaine uses stooges but Criss angel doesnt? They're magicians/illusionists, stooges are always involved in tricks/illusions involving more than one person, especially on tv. for starters the cameraman who has to get the right angles..

But it's so easy just to say, "Everyone's in on it." Then to explain how it was actually done. And there's no doubt that they both have used stooges, but I'm sure a lot of his illusions are really illusions that even fool the people you see participate on TV.

I tend to think the same way because I watched one episode where people were crying because they were in so much shock. I'm not saying it's real, I'm just saying he knows how to fool people. But there are some stuff that seems fake.

But it's so easy just to say, "Everyone's in on it." Then to explain how it was actually done. And there's no doubt that they both have used stooges, but I'm sure a lot of his illusions are really illusions that even fool the people you see participate on TV.

Yea, I agree.. If he uses so many stooges then there would be some who would rat him out.. and tell others how he managed to do his tricks.. but all the same, most are probably stooges.

It will eventually get leaked how he achieves these feats. Someone will always get a bit greedy, "here is some cash, tell us how we does that"...

Yea, I agree.. If he uses so many stooges then there would be some who would rat him out.. and tell others how he managed to do his tricks.. but all the same, most are probably stooges.

So Blaine uses stooges but Criss angel doesnt? They're magicians/illusionists, stooges are always involved in tricks/illusions involving more than one person, especially on tv. for starters the cameraman who has to get the right angles..

:icon_rolleyes: "I can't figure out how it's done so everyone's in on it." Pathetic... Illogical... And wrong...

Absolutely. At least you seem to understand a little more than these nay-sayers...

I tend to think the same way because I watched one episode where people were crying because they were in so much shock. I'm not saying it's real, I'm just saying he knows how to fool people. But there are some stuff that seems fake.

Same as who/what?

:icon_rolleyes: "I can't figure out how it's done so everyone's in on it." Pathetic... Illogical... And wrong...

hmm.. I was actually saying that all are not stooges. And how is assuming that they are all stooges illogical and 'wrong'? lol.. Do you know Criss Angel personally? Uh, no. Do you know for a fact how many stooges are used in each of his stunts? Once again, the answer is no. So actually, there is no answer that is more logical than another.. The only thing that can be inferred is that all of the people in his stunts are probably NOT stooges. But once again, we do not know for sure..

Do you know Criss Angel personally? Uh, no. Do you know for a fact how many stooges are used in each of his stunts? Once again, the answer is no.

Really? And how do you know I don't know Criss? You don't know me well enough to make assumption about the people I know...

I am a magician, so you are treading dangerous ground making assumptions about me, and the people I know.

This is they type of post you would give bad rep on.... so be careful.

haha.. you are a magician? Hm okay.. Well I know you don't know Criss Angel.

Well, it would seem that any person can just walk up and observe. So you can't say all of them are stooges. And maybe the ones watching can easily see how it's done and that's why they don't freak out like we expect.

"I can't figure out how it's done so everyone's in on it." Pathetic... Illogical... And wrong...

No. but the people closest generally are. Like the girl who got "pulled in half". Criss just got lucky she didn't have legs? And the swimming pool, there wasn't one twat who thought "hey let's push him". I would have, if i'd been in hte pool. Standing by the side? I wouldn't have.

Anyone here seen Magicians Secrets revealed? The series on ITV ages ago.

I'd hardly call that 'lucky'. The two parts of the body both had to be stooges; they'd have had to practice the stunt before. Especially, they'd have had to practice walking around where the 'leg' person couldn't see anything.

Oh yeah, i remember that program hbk!
Now that was good!
Remember how the person got 'run over'?
All just a big con, loads of ballast was added to one side, and the other side had special tyres that were deflated or summit, and the magician got 'run over'

Either way, those illusions always fascinate me.

Aye, he kept himself in ice for a week or something, he did it the same way blane did his box trick - switching with people.

commented: They showed that on wwe New York. +2

Whenever David Blaine leveitates, it doesn't show both parts of his body.The people on the show act weird and they are way too surprised, and they say that he is from another world or something.

Criss Angel made an appearance on Larry King tonight.

Aye, he kept himself in ice for a week or something, he did it the same way blane did his box trick - switching with people.

What? Please explain what you're talking about. What was the effect and what do you think happened?

Please quote what you are commenting on... It helps understanding.

I think he's talking about when David Blaine kept himself inside that block of ice for a long time.

Speaking about all this stuff makes me think about "The Prestige" ... has anyone else seen this movie?

No, but I have it. It looks like a good movie. Is it any good?

Yeah, I liked it a lot.

Had a good twist to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.