i quite like the idea that when we die we become the air, rivers, and soil between our feet for in that way we are born again

Well all the atoms in our body are the age of the universe.
This means that we come from stars, so therefore we are stardust.

There are more atoms in a glass of Water then there are glasses of water in all of the worlds oceans...

yeah thats the point im thinking

lol i have a tiny little bit of Hitler in me, thats a wierd way to think about it...

You've got Hitler, and you've got Hitler, and YOU've got Hitler, and YOU've got Hitler,AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

to paraphrase Tyra Banks:P

ha ha ha yeah i would like to think that too jbennet but i am a guy with religion (muslim that is) we know that there will be a day the apocalypse where everyone gets his work measured from sins to good deeds and to them you go to hell (god no) or go to heaven however u will go to hell either way to get your sins forgiven after it u go to heaven , but there are levels of heaven 7 or 6 i don't know but ...............

in the end we aren't going to be the water the air we are just going to be the soil and then we face our god

commented: nicely put +4

in the end we aren't going to be the water the air we are just going to be the soil and then we face our god

Even though i am not a muslim myself i think that was very well said.

yeah as a matter of fact now i am curious what is religion jbennet?

depends

i dont believe in any particular religion but i am open the possibility of it. I dont believe that god dosnt exist, nor do i believe he does. Im just not sure

this thread has come a long way changing its topic(like any other thread.....) from parent to some strories kinda tuff and now its relegion... u people are talking about.... i wonder what comes next.... but most probably some bashing to me....after this post

Everything always becomes religion lol.. We have an entire thread dedicated to that already.. :D

Everything always becomes religion lol.. We have an entire thread dedicated to that already..

oh is that so......
then why so many threads.......for your relegion..
if everything is a relegion...lol
if u have an entire thread realted to relegion the hy dont you post relegion related thingd there...lol
and its not only relegion to which the threads are diverted...

I suppose as with anything after 100 comments its going to get off topic

i've already made my plans for when i die... i want to be cremated, and with my dust they will paint a zippo lighter and an electric guitar...

the rest of me will be used to fertilize weed...

^

See how off topic is that? :D

>>the rest of me will be used to fertilize weed

hmm.. Interesting

that way i would be immortalized in the two things i like the most: a music maker (guitar), and a fire maker (zippo)...

I shall live forever!

in a certain way, that will make me live forever...

Well we have all lived since the big bang if you take the age of the the atoms in our bodies.

but its not the same thing to say that your atoms are in something and to say that your ashes are in something...

if you burn your self after you die i think it is a bit a myth that you will go around the world and stuff i don't know why you wanna go to burn yourself after you die :S

huh? I'd rather burn myself than have my body rot away.. then again, it doesn't really matter since I'll be dead.. actually, nothing really matters.. b/c in the end our lives will have no effect on anything.. The fact that we once were conscious beings is trivial.. Our very existence is without purpose or meaning..

Our very existence is without purpose or meaning..

Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning...

:icon_razz:

Too simple? It is quite a coincidence to have life on this planet.. however, compared with the huge universe, it is not statistically unlikely. Our existence has lasted about a second in proportion to the age of the universe.

On the other hand, simply trusting everything to the 'will of god' is the easier thing. Is it not easier to simply answer a scientific mystery by saying, "Well, it's cuz of god, thats why." rather than using science and logic to actually unravel that mystery?

i've already made my plans for when i die... i want to be cremated, and with my dust they will paint a zippo lighter and an electric guitar...

the rest of me will be used to fertilize weed...

Excellent idea!

In the end we are all just Carbon and some water. Just in some fancy organisation, to make us what we are.

my funeral plans:

1) play either:

a: metallica - nothing else matters
b: guns'n'roses - knocking on heavens door
c: jeruselem (the hymn)
d: flower of scotland
e: highland cathedral (bagpipe version)

2) get buried or cremated i dont care but I do want in either case a headstone made out of scottish white granite.

3) For my will i might do something random like leave all my posessions to daniweb ;)

copying JB my funeral plans:

1) Not in a church.

2) Skip straight to the wake. Where a video of me being my usual dipshi*t self will play. People do whatever makes them happy.

3) Cremate me, with a head stone which reads either "Buried Alive." or "Told you I was ill!"

4) Scatter my ashes at sea. Actually, the party can be on the boat!

5) For my will.............. not sure :D

1) Not in a church.

2) Skip straight to the wake. Where a video of me being my usual dipshi*t self will play. People do whatever makes them happy.

I agree. I hate churches and all religion in general and yeah, at my wake in want a BBQ and booze and a LAN party in my honour

lol a LAN party, trust you to think of that bennet :P
They going to be playing Battlefield 20...
On Windows Vista version MXXVIII
:P

Funeral Plans:

As i said earlier i will live forever by reversing time so i will be forever young :P

No Funeral for me, think positive, be positive :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.