My parents forgot the username and password for there windows 2000 log in. Is ther a way that i can reset/delete the username and password without being able to get on the computer?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You can start your computer in safe mode and get passed the sign in then delete the account who lost there password... but it depends who has administrative permission.

restart your computer push F8 until it askes you how you want to start windows

start up in safe mode

should give you the option to use administration account or parents account... click admin

once the desktop loads

Start/settings/control panel/user accounts

then you can delete the old account and start a new one
or you could just open a new account so you can use the computer

which ever way you choose make sure you give your self administrative options..

( i know you can get to the user accounts using the above options but depending on administation options you may not be able to delete the old account)

good luck

My parents forgot the username and password for there windows 2000 log in. Is ther a way that i can reset/delete the username and password without being able to get on the computer?

Hello,

Yes, it is really possible to reset lost or forgotten windows password, for example using Active@ Password Changer utility
http://www.password-changer.com/

You can start your computer in safe mode and get passed the sign in then delete the account who lost there password... but it depends who has administrative permission.

restart your computer push F8 until it askes you how you want to start windows

start up in safe mode

should give you the option to use administration account or parents account... click admin

once the desktop loads

Start/settings/control panel/user accounts

then you can delete the old account and start a new one
or you could just open a new account so you can use the computer

which ever way you choose make sure you give your self administrative options..

( i know you can get to the user accounts using the above options but depending on administation options you may not be able to delete the old account)

good luck

not sure about win2000 ,but in winxp you can just delete the password and not the whole user account .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.