Okay... let me start by saying that I never really did like McDonalds in the first place, but when you have a craving, you just do. I heard about this on the news a while back, but I didn't think it was going to happen for a while.

Employee: MMMRRRcome to McDonalds... can I have your mmmmmmddr? (I assume she said order, but the speaker was fuzzy)

Me: Yeah, I'll take a number 3 with Super Size fries.

Employee: Um Sir.... we don't MMMMMMMffrrr SSSSPPR SZZZ Fries anym *pop*

Me: Okay. Then I'll go for a large frie, then. Can I still get a Super Size Sprite, then?

Employee: Um Sir... We don't FIIIIZZZZZ ffer that either.

Me: Fine. Give me a large Sprite, too. my wife wants a large Dr. Pepper.

Employee: That'll be $5.90. FZZT around.

After sitting in line for about 10 minutes, we get to the window. For starters, there's a big sign saying "SAUCES ARE .15 CENTS EXTRA" taped to the window. I happen to look past the sign, deciding that I don't really need ketchup, but I see something else. The biggest cup they have, their "large", is now the size of the average "small" you'd see at a quickie mart. To boot, their quarter pounder was about the size of a quarter, and their "large" fry was only half full. Seeing that I was about to blow $6 on all of this, I asked for my money back and told them I wouldn't be eating McDonalds today.

After that, I'm not eating at McDonalds anymore. There's been this big push to "fight fat" lately, which I'm all for, but I don't think such a fight has to be pushed on people who don't care about it. Every time I watch a story about obesity on the news, they always show fat people, sitting around with half eaten McDonald's food, or they always immediately show a larger person, then pan out to show a shot of a McDonalds or other fast-food sign, supposedly to indicate a link between obesity and McDonalds. Then, you've got health fanatics out there pressuring companies like McDonalds not to offer what the public is demanding. This iritates me to no end, because contrary to how much "they" tell me not to, I LIKE MY SUPER SIZE!

Why is it the job of the company to make sure people don't get fat off of their food? Why is it McDonalds responsibility to produce healthy food? When was it determined that you were entitled to a healthy meal from any fast food restaurant? You CHOOSE to go to McDonalds, they don't force you to eat their food. Not only that, but they post nutrition facts about their food, so you can find out how unhealthy their food is if you exercise enough due dilligence, so it's not like you're being duped, either.

Personally, I work out 3-6 times a week practicing martial arts. I'm 6'5", coming in reasonably healthy at about 210lbs. I feel I can withstand a couple of super size meals every now and then, and still work it off. Heck, if I couldn't, that's my business, too, I'll just get fat, and it will be my fault.

I guess what irks me the most is that McDonalds as a company has fallen prey to the same type of stuff that is being pushed through in other areas, like banning smoking in a public place, even though that place is privately owned. Or, banning smoking in your own house, as one state recently tried to do. LOADS of people bought super size fries and drinks, so it's not like they weren't popular. It irritates me that a vocal minority has so much sway over what the majority says, does, and in this case, eats. If McDonalds were really attempting be a free-market company, they'd have kept offering what the customer wanted.

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

Okay... let me start by saying that I never really did like McDonalds in the first place, but when you have a craving, you just do. I heard about this on the news a while back, but I didn't think it was going to happen for a while.

Employee: MMMRRRcome to McDonalds... can I have your mmmmmmddr? (I assume she said order, but the speaker was fuzzy)

Me: Okay. Then I'll go for a large frie, then. Can I still get a Super Size Sprite, then?

After sitting in line for about 10 minutes, we get to the window. For starters, there's a big sign saying "SAUCES ARE .15 CENTS EXTRA" taped to the window. I happen to look past the sign, deciding that I don't really need ketchup, but I see something else. The biggest cup they have, their "large", is now the size of the average "small" you'd see at a quickie mart. To boot, their quarter pounder was about the size of a quarter, and their "large" fry was only half full. Seeing that I was about to blow $6 on all of this, I asked for my money back and told them I wouldn't be eating McDonalds today.

After that, I'm not eating at McDonalds anymore. There's been this big push to "fight fat" lately, which I'm all for, but I don't think such a fight has to be pushed on people who don't care about it. Every time I watch a story about obesity on the news, they always show fat people, sitting around with half eaten McDonald's food, or they always immediately show a larger person, then pan out to show a shot of a McDonalds or other fast-food sign, supposedly to indicate a link between obesity and McDonalds. Then, you've got health fanatics out there pressuring companies like McDonalds not to offer what the public is demanding. This iritates me to no end, because contrary to how much "they" tell me not to, I LIKE MY SUPER SIZE!

Why is it the job of the company to make sure people don't get fat off of their food? Why is it McDonalds responsibility to produce healthy food? When was it determined that you were entitled to a healthy meal from any fast food restaurant? You CHOOSE to go to McDonalds, they don't force you to eat their food. Not only that, but they post nutrition facts about their food, so you can find out how unhealthy their food is if you exercise enough due dilligence, so it's not like you're being duped, either.

Personally, I work out 3-6 times a week practicing martial arts. I'm 6'5", coming in reasonably healthy at about 210lbs. I feel I can withstand a couple of super size meals every now and then, and still work it off. Heck, if I couldn't, that's my business, too, I'll just get fat, and it will be my fault.

I guess what irks me the most is that McDonalds as a company has fallen prey to the same type of stuff that is being pushed through in other areas, like banning smoking in a public place, even though that place is privately owned. Or, banning smoking in your own house, as one state recently tried to do. LOADS of people bought super size fries and drinks, so it's not like they weren't popular. It irritates me that a vocal minority has so much sway over what the majority says, does, and in this case, eats. If McDonalds were really attempting be a free-market company, they'd have kept offering what the customer wanted.

Okay, let me start by saying that I used to work for Micky D's and he is right... Everything is smaller now than ever b4.
All the lawsuits and the movie (Super Size Me) have made a dent on the McDonalds Corp. I think that they deserve it. I mean sure, it is a great place to take the kids to get thri fave meal, and it is okay to to there when you have the craving (I do on occasion), but I mean, to go there for a meal that looks like someone scraped it off the floor and served it on a seseme seed bun. I remember seeing people come in all day long, breakfast, lunch AND dinner, that was their main source of food. (YUCK!)

They need to have a warning sighn as you walk in:

CAUTION: FOOD MAY CAUSE HEART ATTACKS, STROKE AND ATRIFICIAL INSIMINATION.
Or better yet:

SPILL YOUR COFFE? TOO FAT TO WALK TRHOUGH THE DOOR? TOUGH! WE'RE BROKE.

I have seen some nasty stuff in my life, but nothing like working in a McDonalds.

After reading the first post I was going to get me a super sized meal just to get one. Then, I saw the socnd post and have changed my mind. I have laundry to do anyway.

Alcides.

Okay, let me start by saying that I used to work for Micky D's and he is right... Everything is smaller now than ever b4.
All the lawsuits and the movie (Super Size Me) have made a dent on the McDonalds Corp. I think that they deserve it. I mean sure, it is a great place to take the kids to get thri fave meal, and it is okay to to there when you have the craving (I do on occasion), but I mean, to go there for a meal that looks like someone scraped it off the floor and served it on a seseme seed bun. I remember seeing people come in all day long, breakfast, lunch AND dinner, that was their main source of food. (YUCK!)

They need to have a warning sighn as you walk in:

CAUTION: FOOD MAY CAUSE HEART ATTACKS, STROKE AND ATRIFICIAL INSIMINATION.
Or better yet:

SPILL YOUR COFFE? TOO FAT TO WALK TRHOUGH THE DOOR? TOUGH! WE'RE BROKE.

I have seen some nasty stuff in my life, but nothing like working in a McDonalds.

...Glad to have feedback from a former employee. I'm sure every fast food worker could tell some horror stories. Surprisingly, I don't have any tales of disgustingness from my stints at Pizza Hut and a Pretzel joint that I worked at!.

But my whole issue is one of free will. After discussing my gripe with some of my coworkers, a valid point was raised. The government is actually trying to crack down on McDonalds because of people getting fat off of the food. Their reasoning for it is that cases of morbid obesity, stroke, and heart disease end up costing taxpayers greatly, especially when the fat person is on government assistance to start with, thus on government funded healthcare. This I can understand, but I even have a gripe about such social programs that I won't get into here.

Heck yeah! Put a sign up that says that your muscles will turn into styrofoam by eating McDonalds. (After all, they had to do something with all of those old containers-- "all beef" patties, anyone?) Put up a sign that says whatever you want, I don't care. I just feel that people should be less compelled to not do things by the government and guided more by their own common sense. I've never seen a single commercial purport that McDonalds is the epicenter for a healthy lifestyle. People go there of their own accord, and should accept the consequences of what happens if they go there too much, just like I have to accept the consequences of deciding to shove my finger in an electrical outlet.

My biggest concern isn't with the "vice" itself, but with the fact that there are people out there who seem to think that we world's population should not be responsible for our actions. Additionally, they feel that our choices should be minimized to the least harmful choices, so that the responsibility for our actions that we do assume is of little real consequence.

Note: Just to celebrate losing McDonald's super size option, I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant here in Nashville and ate a chicken, sour cream and pico de gallo burrito that was the size of my forearm. Take that, nutrition dictators! pfft! Those with full bellies snub thee!

Hi Alex, Here in the UK Mac Ds are blocking the drains with unhealthy fatty deposits, they also are trying to sell us salard or something like that now. I am 47 years old with 2 daughters who eat the stuff...I dispair of their way of life sometimes but all I can do is look on and invite them up for a full sunday lunch, lamb or pork sometimes beef with all the trimmings...I feel that one meal a week, all sat around a table enjoying each others company for a few hours is worth all that washing up but who cares what I say.

Ho I am a fatty too as most of the western world is, and like them I don't need a public servent like the prime minister to tell me Im fat.

Yours Tex.

...Glad to have feedback from a former employee. I'm sure every fast food worker could tell some horror stories. Surprisingly, I don't have any tales of disgustingness from my stints at Pizza Hut and a Pretzel joint that I worked at!.

But my whole issue is one of free will. After discussing my gripe with some of my coworkers, a valid point was raised. The government is actually trying to crack down on McDonalds because of people getting fat off of the food. Their reasoning for it is that cases of morbid obesity, stroke, and heart disease end up costing taxpayers greatly, especially when the fat person is on government assistance to start with, thus on government funded healthcare. This I can understand, but I even have a gripe about such social programs that I won't get into here.

Heck yeah! Put a sign up that says that your muscles will turn into styrofoam by eating McDonalds. (After all, they had to do something with all of those old containers-- "all beef" patties, anyone?) Put up a sign that says whatever you want, I don't care. I just feel that people should be less compelled to not do things by the government and guided more by their own common sense. I've never seen a single commercial purport that McDonalds is the epicenter for a healthy lifestyle. People go there of their own accord, and should accept the consequences of what happens if they go there too much, just like I have to accept the consequences of deciding to shove my finger in an electrical outlet.

My biggest concern isn't with the "vice" itself, but with the fact that there are people out there who seem to think that we world's population should not be responsible for our actions. Additionally, they feel that our choices should be minimized to the least harmful choices, so that the responsibility for our actions that we do assume is of little real consequence.

Note: Just to celebrate losing McDonald's super size option, I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant here in Nashville and ate a chicken, sour cream and pico de gallo burrito that was the size of my forearm. Take that, nutrition dictators! pfft! Those with full bellies snub thee!

Like I said, I have seen some stuff that would make you never want to eat at another resturant as long as you live. I remember this one time that we had a manager take this guys order.
Well, he was horriabley rude, cursing up a storm, yelling at her for something that she did not do, etc.

So what she did was she took the chicken patty that she was cooking for that sandwich and 'accidently' flipped it on the floor. She stepped on it and what not, and then put it on the bun, added the dressings and served it.
The reason that he brought it back was not the fact that it had been trampled on, but the fact that it was cooked only 30 seconds, and was cold and dripping with grease.
She then (fully) cooked another one, stepped on it and everythign else that she had dome before, and served it again. He took it and happily ate it, despite the black tread marks, and the other things that were on it.

The manager was never fired for it.

Yes, people do want to always place the blame on someone (or thing) and try to make it not their problem. It's like Leno Said:
'You ever notice that when a man (no offence) gets indigestion, they blame it on the last thing they ate... They could have had Ribs, with baked beans, a side of potato and then at the very end, he has a small dinner mint.... what do they do? BLAME IT ON THE MINT!'
Kinda like the 'Blame Canada' thing. (Not trying to offend ANYONE here!)
It is not the nations fault that other people are overweight, can't breathe or fit in their beds. The food is there to eat, no one is forcing them to do so.

HEHEHEH! If all she did was step on it Blue, then it's light weight compared to some of the things that have been done! Which only goes to show, one should not be rude to anyone anywhere ever, because everyone has their little ways of getting even. Don't think that high priced chef would ever spit in the soup? Ha!

As far as the social engineering is concerned, I've been screaming about all this for years, but it's like shouting into a snow storm. There is simply nothing more dangerous than a well meaning person. Why? Because they feel so self rightous about what they are doing and they look just like your mom and dad and aunt Ethyl. Back when our state was passing it's mandatory motorcycle helmet law and I was screaming because those involved in passing it didn't actually ride motorcyles, my words fell on mostly numb brains and I was greated with "but it will save many lives." So is that all that freedom has come down to? Our personal freedom is no longer relevent if there is an element of risk? Well, the do gooders usually pick on small easy targets first and then build momentum. So of course, we were bound to get the seat belt law next. Which we did and now we have the fat police. Don't think it's too bad yet? Just wait. Here are some predictions based on what I've seen. Our police forces are working largely as tax collecting agencies. This is why in many of our cities there is a glut of motor officers writing traffic tickets while little gets done about real crime. Why? They get money for tickets and nothing for real crime. Well now we have the stop light cameras keeping us save and sound while making big bucks for the cities that install them. The technology is already there and you can bet the do gooders, armed and financed by the insurance companys will be forcing us to put satelite tracking devices in all new cars. Then, guess what? Yep, they'll know when that car goes over the speed limit. Ca-Ching goes the city cash register when you get your speeding ticket in the mail. Smile goes the insurance company as they raise your rate and pat each other on the back about how safe we all are now. But why stop there? Why not a tax for being fat? Yep so much a pound at tax time. Or more subtly a tax break if your skinny, that way they don't actually have to pick on a fat person. Come to think of it, why should we be driving for pleasure at all? Think of all the lives that could be saved if we just drove only for work? And gas too! Maybe this could be accomplished with a special driving pass. For a fee of course. No pass and your engine won't start. Simple. The possibilities are endless. Think it's too dark and silly a vision? Well I think we are being socially engineered by insurance companies who use the do gooders and government as their pawns. Every one of these ideas has had a major payoff for the insurance industry. One thing we all should know for sure is, the Insurance companys and do gooders are out there and they are coming for us and they positively WILL NOT STOP! EVER! {ref Terminator :) }!

So the next time you hear a local politician talking about how much saver we will all be, be afraid. Be very very afraid. Because somewhere in the shadows, smiling through sharp yellow teeth is a pasty face executive counting his bonus and squeaking "Precious, My Precious".

The Smeagol Insurance Company: "Just give us a Ring. That's all we ask."

I thought *I* was cynical. But you are correct, the insurance companies have been big sponsors of traffic safety laws and anti-smoking laws.

<rant>
But, while I think insurance companies would like to make us healthier eaters, the pro-eating lobby is also very powerful. Selling products involving eating and sex-appeal are huge industries. It's taken 30+ years for insurance companies to bring tobacco companies down to where they are, and they have a long ways to go.

You mention helmets; that's an area where the "opposition" is under-funded and easy to dismiss. Once the public buys that helmets save lives, they aren't likely to listen to argments about free will. Let's face it, car drivers are either envious or fearful of bikers, so anything we can do to make them tow the line is fine. :-)

</rant>

Always good to meet another cynic :mrgreen: . Yes, it's always a good military tactic when facing overwhelming numbers and time is no object, to try to pick off the easy targets of opportunity to whittle down the numbers and soften the defenses. ;) Also helps to bloody your troops and hone them for the major offensive. But while you're enjoying the victory over motorcyclists, be sure to buckle up! Funny thing is, I nearly always wore a helmet before the law, same with the seatbelt, but now it just galls me that I HAVE TO! And quite frankly, now I get a little chuckle every time I see someone getting written up for not wearing the belt! Just deserts for not fighting the fight thinks I.

<rant>
I'm also completely against anything that restricts human action (besides actions that cause harm to others such as fraud, assault, murder etc.). If the guy feels like eating at McDonalds all the time and driving his motorcycle with no helmet, that's his business. I've got the common sense not to do these things, but I have no problem with other people hurting themselves and getting fat.

Also, I don't smoke but I don't have a problem with other people doing so so long as it isn't in my house. Get cancer and die for all I care, it's your decision. If the gov't would just get it's nose out of everyone's business, the market would drive these decisions - many restaurants and public venues would still prohibit smoking to cater to the majority of us - who don't smoke.

Take all the regualtion in the UK that attempt to prevent suicide. They regulate exhaust pipes for pete's sake. You see, people could breate the fumes and die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Now new cars in the UK have a system that makes it hard to inhale the exhaust. And the fences along the train tracks to keep people from throwing themselves under a train. It is a persons OWN @^!# DECISION to kill themselves - and it isn't the government's job to make the whole world a padded cell.

Nearly all social systems are self-regulating, so long as no interference is introduced. However, a system can become dependent on the interference and lose it's ability to regulate itself when it is.

Our society as a whole has become quite dependent on regulation and government interference (ex: the entire economy hanging on Greenspan's arbitrary interest rate). I'm not very optimistic about this; we may never be free from excessive regulation again.
</rant>

If McDonalds has really fallen goodriddence, artificial fast fat is the last thing our overweight and often obeese nation needs, lets hope the rest of the franchises go too XD

If McDonalds has really fallen goodriddence, artificial fast fat is the last thing our overweight and often obeese nation needs, lets hope the rest of the franchises go too XD

But see, that's your opinion. You're entitled to feel that way, though, thankfully.

I'm not so sure I'd say good riddance because they're contributing to getting America fat. Like Toba discussed, there should be far more responsibility on the consumer than on the peddler to choose whether or not to eat that food. One of the biggest problems in American society (and probably others, I'll assume) is the lack of accountability we hold the "average joe" to. (I would say good riddance because their food's not that good IMO, but I digress.)

...Let's take this a little further. If the average joe doesn't know something upfront about a computer, then these days, it's considered the company's fault because they didn't tell the customer. Previously, this could be chalked up as the customer's fault, as they did not exercise due dilligence before purchasing the machine.

Or, take anything these days. The average joe wants to be spoon-fed everything-- it's a "gimmegimmegimme" time to live in, and we expect everything from our food, information, and entertainment to be handed to us, with no or little effort on our part. Face it-- we're lazy. Capitalism hasn't changed, it's always been supply and demand, and companies are just supplying the slovenly lifestyle that the status quo demands.

I'll be the first person to say that I hate seeing grossly overweight people. Having worked in a hospital, I've seen how bad things can get. But, when I see those 300+ pound people, I don't say, "CURSE MCDONALDS AND THEIR SAVORY FRENCH FRIES", I say that the person in question could have chosen to lay off of the fries-- maybe they should have chosen a different snack/meal.

McDonalds was not, is not, and will not be the problem. The problem is the people abusing the food. Just as you can abuse alcohol or drugs, food can be abused to. This does not indicate that the food is to blame, but the person whose poor decision is to blame, as they did not exercise enough self control to chose some other meal.

Not that I'm on a high horse or anything, (I don't regularly eat at McDonald's anyways) but I like my fast food when I get the hankering. Just because a bunch of people lack the self control to not eat McDonalds 5 out of 7 days a week, I don't get my Super size fry when I feel like having one.

ahh.. it is personal choice you now dare speak of. In this litigious society that we live in personal responcibility and choice are long forgotten things of the past. I think that it is with great irony that we have to address a lawsuit with McD's where they payed out when a patron was burned after taking posession of (then unmarked) piping hot coffee and placing it between thier own legs in the drive-thru. But that wasnt the patron's fault now. Instead of Mc'Ds standing thier ground and saying, "We feel bad that you were inept eneough to burn yourself with what you expected to be cold coffee. You learned your lesson the hard way, tell your friends that coffee is hot. We're sure they'll appreciate the info and youll all be smarter for it. Dont make babies and stop eating lead paint, we hear that's kinda bad for you." Alas, Mc'donalds layed down and shelled out. Now they pay every time, they pay so much to every idiot out there now that chokes on a fruit fly it costs me over a buck for a slab of grade 'F' wharf scrapings with cheese. Dammut! now I'm all Pizzt and hungry!!!

McDonalds was not, is not, and will not be the problem. The problem is the people abusing the food. Just as you can abuse alcohol or drugs, food can be abused to. This does not indicate that the food is to blame, but the person whose poor decision is to blame, as they did not exercise enough self control to chose some other meal.

Not that I'm on a high horse or anything, (I don't regularly eat at McDonald's anyways) but I like my fast food when I get the hankering. Just because a bunch of people lack the self control to not eat McDonalds 5 out of 7 days a week, I don't get my Super size fry when I feel like having one.

You're neglecting consideration of a couple of very important factors there.

The first of those is the advertising. From infancy, people get bombarded with the message! It's flashy, it's attractive, it's completely innaccurate, and it's matched only by that other great bane of the world - Coke! How the hell else can that pair of disgusting abominations of product for human consumption get to be the most widely consumed that there is if it's not for the fact that there are forces at bear which act to take rational choice away from the individual?

The second of those factors is the factor of nutritional content of the product. Production of McDonalds foodstuffs would be one of the most measured and regimented procedures in the world. You kidding me that they're not wholly and completely aware of the harm consumption of their products can do? Yet they market them as 'meals'!

McDonalds is not just responsible mate, they're friggin' CULPABLE!

You're neglecting consideration of a couple of very important factors there.

The first of those is the advertising. From infancy, people get bombarded with the message! It's flashy, it's attractive, it's completely innaccurate, and it's matched only by that other great bane of the world - Coke! How the hell else can that pair of disgusting abominations of product for human consumption get to be the most widely consumed that there is if it's not for the fact that there are forces at bear which act to take rational choice away from the individual?

I'll tell you what force took rational choice away from the individual: people are sheep these days. I'll admit that I do lean more conservative than anything (probably conservo-moderate for lack of a better term), but I hate more than most people the fact that the public in general can be whipped into a frenzy over "Terrism" and "Terrists"(sic) to the point that the term has almost become clichéd that we really end up losing sight of things. Same as with a natural disaster, computer virus, a meteor smacking Earth, Y2K, anything: people almost seem like they want somebody to get them worked up over something.

I personally attribute this to lazyness. Again, I feel that there's enough information out there to allow anyone to conclude that McDonalds is unhealthy. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that there's more nutritional information out there that would cement this fact such that the only people who'd say the food wasn't unhealthy was McDonalds themselves.

The second of those factors is the factor of nutritional content of the product. Production of McDonalds foodstuffs would be one of the most measured and regimented procedures in the world. You kidding me that they're not wholly and completely aware of the harm consumption of their products can do? Yet they market them as 'meals'!

McDonalds is not just responsible mate, they're friggin' CULPABLE!

Again, I feel that McDonalds is just supplying what's in demand. People are willing to pay for the slime that comes from their grills. Heck, I used to be one of them. But again, my whole emphasis is one of personal responsibility. If people don't want to eat this stuff, McDonalds would be compelled to change their menu in response, so they can position themselves to provide what's in demand. I'm sure they're fully aware of the nutritional content of their food, and they (at least in America, not sure about other countries) even post it, or make the information available upon request. Again, that's an opportunity for people to examine what kind of food they're woofing down on. In this day and age, despite what's commonly believed, there's plenty of opportunity to be informed about what you ingest, what you drive, where you live, what you say, what you think, what people say, EVERYTHING!

As for McDonalds being culpable, again, I don't think that they are. Just because you have a right to free speech in America doesn't mean people have to listen to you. Similarly, you don't have to eat McDonalds just because they produce it-- grab a carrot or something! If enough people exhibited disinterest in a product, that product would be pulled, or modified to suit the general public's taste. Just because we've got crack dealers out there, people don't have to buy/ingest that.

There are alternatives to everything out there, even McDonalds food. People can find this other food, and decide for themselves. I believe that it should be up to each individual to consciously make the decision to choose what they do. I feel that every person is, or at least should be, able to choose for their own what they feel, despite being bombarded by ads. Someone suggesting that their actions were driven by advertisements, or the blabbering of some media bobble-head deserves every bit of trouble they get into. I don't feel the company producing the ads or the product is criminally negligent, but I do feel that the consumer is criminally ignorant for not attempting to inform themselves more. Just as ignorance of a law is not an admissible defense in court, I feel that ignorance about your surroundings should not be an excuse for why your life (I don't mean your towards any one person) is in the shape it's in. The buck has to stop somewhere, and it should be with the person finally tasked with making the decision-- the individual.

I seriously doubt this. People don't eat fast food because of advertising, they eat fast food because of convenience and cost. They CHOOSE McDonalds over the other fast food chains because of advertising, but those others are every bit as bad as Big MD. Anyway, I doubt that the food I get at the local cafe is one bit healthier than a big mac.

I seldom eat fast food anymore and very seldom MDs, but I still get way too much greasy stuff in me. Point is, you can't legislate enough to keep stupid people safe from themselves, and smart people don't need it. Anyway, the government should not be interfering with evolution. In the old days, if the bear was smarter than the hunter, hunter was eaten and didn't make more stupid hunters. Viva la evolution! Besides, who wants to live forever? None of us are getting out of here alive you know, but I would like to live as freely as I can while I'm here, and even these small freedoms are important.

Mcdonalds has made some pretty stupid moves the last few years i will say that!!

They changed BIG MAC sauce a few years ago and its disgusting now (A more watered down version of the sauce)

Also they stopped making orange drink and switched over to HI-C ORANGE (Which was a mistake becuase HI-C changed to "Orange Lavaburst" which tastes like crap)

About the only thing i like @ Mcdonalds now is

Double Cheesburger
Quarter Pounder
Hamburger
Cheesburger
Big and Tasty
Nuggets (I didnt like them when they were 1st changed to White meat (I liked the flavour better before))

About the only thing i like @ Mcdonalds now is

Double Cheesburger
Quarter Pounder
Hamburger
Cheesburger
Big and Tasty
Nuggets (I didnt like them when they were 1st changed to White meat (I liked the flavour better before))

Lol the only thing? Seems like you enjoy most of their menu! ;)
I like the cheeseburgers and nuggets. Oh and I can't forget about those indestructable fries! =)

Lol in the uk there trying to be healthy (hahahahahahahahah) by providing salads and sandwiches.

It's taken 30+ years for insurance companies to bring tobacco companies down to where they are, and they have a long ways to go.

not even close to 30 years! try 12 years :)

I eat MD about once every three months or so. The trick to not getting fat while eating there is to drink a diet soda with the mean. Diet soda soaks up all the fat and calaries from the hamburgers.

Theres one on the walk to college. I am always so tempted but then i restrain myself.

This is basic squakese, the language of drive-through operators.

I discovered how to make the sound come out right. If you say it with the fizzes and buzzes, the sound is perfect at the other end.
:icon_mrgreen:

wait, what?

they dont speak to us through a machine here?

people come around with pdas and take your order while you queue in your car and when you get to the window they pass it to you?

i hate McDonald's ~ haven't had one for like 5 years now ~ don't regret it!

I wish 2 things from Mcdonalds...

1) The big mac soauce back the ORIGINAL WAY (And the way it had been for 20+ years)

2) Orange drink back the original way (Mcdonalds Made thier own)

It seems strange,ya dont realize how good something is until it ISNT anymore :(

The whole world has just about gone to crap over the last 20 years........Good things being replaced with garbage......

Totally unreal and sad.

orange drink?

its fanta?

and btw same thing happened to the nice KFC BBQ sauce, now it tastes all vinagery

everyone is scared of being sued so they make everything healthy
look at happy meals for instance
used to be burger, fries, coke
now you have to have summit healthy
such as carrots, milk and water
kids go to these places to eat fast food not be like farmed rabbits

i know people are always like (especially the damn government), "oh no our kids are too fat, OMG we must do something!" but the fact of the matter is that i like eating crap, its my choice and anyone who tries to say what i can and cant eat then well, they aint no friend of mine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.