there is a 2003 server dc and clients are win2000 prof & xp prof.the users are not able to login with their domain user accounts.the error its showing is " the local system policy does not allow you to logon interactively".
the users working in win2000 prof are getting this error.wht might be problem and wht is the solution for this. if anyone are aware of this error plz let me know the solution for this error.

thank you
royal

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Are the users connecting to Terminal Services to login or simply login to their desktop using domain credentials?

If you are using TS then please follow this.
- Goto control panel -> system -> Remote
Check remote desktop
Add users (add your name)

If you still cannot login, go into group policy

Gpedit.msc
goto Admin templates-> windows components -> terminal server

Allow users to connect remotely using Terminal Service

Check if you can login as Administrator from any of the clients.

Are the users connecting to Terminal Services to login or simply login to their desktop using domain credentials?
no the users are login to their desktop using domain credentials.we are able to login with administrator in the clients.anyhow at present we have given them domain admin permissions to their domain user accounts.now they are able to login but i think this is not the exact solution.so plz let me know the exact solution.

thank you
royal

Did you try the microsoft article i suggested in my last post?

If you want to limit this right, create a group specifically for your Terminal Server Clients, and grant this group the right to log on locally. You can then remove the Everyone group, limiting console logon rights to the Client group and the administrator.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.