My new laser printer is already out of toner, so after overnighting some, I am eagerly awaiting the delivery (it's a multifunction machine, and I actually have a contract that was faxed to me stuck in the machine and waiting to be printed out!) So of course that's what I thought it was when FedEx stopped by ... but nope: it's this year's gift from Google. The past two years we all got the USB travel kit and the multicolor lighted cube radio. This year it looks to be a digital photo frame that is very sleek looking. Who else got it?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

My new laser printer is already out of toner, so after overnighting some, I am eagerly awaiting the delivery (it's a multifunction machine, and I actually have a contract that was faxed to me stuck in the machine and waiting to be printed out!) So of course that's what I thought it was when FedEx stopped by ... but nope: it's this year's gift from Google. The past two years we all got the USB travel kit and the multicolor lighted cube radio. This year it looks to be a digital photo frame that is very sleek looking. Who else got it?

How do you even get a gift from google? Is it adsense because they banned me for some unknown reason! They also band my dad because he is related to me and I am so sure that I did nothing wrong!!!!

My gift from Google is the same as usual: ignoring my emails and requests for information from the PR people.

I don't think they like me.

I did get a case of wine from Pocket-Lint though, which was nice :)

Oh, and DLink sent me a peculiar LED torch thing that plugs into my car cig lighter socket, although why I need another light inside the car is beyond me...

So far this year I've gotten the digital photo frame from Google, a big box of brownies from my ad server, and a printer stand from Dell. Plus a good handful of cards from others :)

Yes, the Google gift is for high traffic AdSense publishers who earn over a certain amount of money.

Nice of them to send you a gift like that.

I agree :)

Little things make all the difference. Even when some organisation has been cuasing me grief all year, the fact that they send me a card and a USB memory stick for Xmas makes me forget all that and think they are lovely.

Until new year :)

Little things make all the difference. Even when some organisation has been cuasing me grief all year, the fact that they send me a card and a USB memory stick for Xmas makes me forget all that and think they are lovely.

Until new year :)

Yeah, I agree I like all of the good customer service situations and because you don't get them often anymore because of people hiding behind their email on their computers it really warms your heart to know they almost care.

Hello members

Its really good to get a gift from google. I have never got one . But Soon I think I m getting one. Only I have to wait for 3 months more. No gift for me in this new year..

but its great

cheers

What happens in three months?

Yeah what does happen in three months and why has nobody answered my previous question. How do you get a present from google?

Dani has already answered the how she gets a Google gift question - she has reached a certain level of adsense revenue that triggers her being flagged as an important customer.

I'd love to know what is happening in three months as well though :)

:o Sorry I didn't see that. Well atleast you are an important customer! You are probably their favourite customer due to the amount of visitors you get. There can't be many other forums who get this many visitors and use adsense as much as you do. Out of interest does it get you more than the banner ads?

I earn only a few bucks per month from adsense. So getting a gift from google is a dream for me.

It is really good to get gift from google. it is a great and nice to know about that. How can I received one from google?

How does your picture frame handle "photoshped" pixs? Mine pops an error saying:
"Current file is bad[...]" and nothing more. Anyone know why this messages appear?
(btw the small caps in the menu is perfectly shown! dam wierd..)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.