My CD-ROM will not burn CD's anymore and I don't know why. When I first sign on to my PC, it does give me a popup saying that it most likely will not work. Problem is, it read's but it cannot burn. What is wrong with my P.C.

Also, my cousin has a laptop that has some issues, it gets the dreaded blue screen when it starts up. Here is the code:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x8059A8F8, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0x8059A8F8)

I read a couple place said it could be the memory, is this the problem and can it be fixed by restoring it with a copy of Windows XP?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If memory is the problem, then your RAM sticks are bad. What you can do is find out what sort of RAM you require and buy some new RAM. The best place i have found for finding what RAM you will require is here
This will show you what your laptop currently has and what ou require to upgrade it.

Is your CD-Drive a Burning CD-Drive? You can tell by looking on the front of the CD Drive for a label showing the Compact Disc logo with "ReWritable" written underneath. If you cant see this anywhere, your
CD-Drive cannot burn CD's. To solve this you will need to purchase a new CD Drive or even consider a DVD Drive that is ReWritable.
Hope this helps.

Yes it is a burning CD Drive

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.