I'm using crystal report 9 and vb6. My first problem was how can i change the connection property of the crystal report. I found a way by using : crxReport.Databases.SetDataSource rsReport
but I'm having an exception report : "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x77e55e02"
The report shows for some time but after opening several reports the error message occurs.

This is my scenario:
"I'm using a udl for my connection. I have two databases namely TK and TK_MCC. TK is for other company and TK_MCC is for the subsidiary company. I used TK database when I created the crystal report. I used the setdatasource to pass the recordset to change the datasource location of the crystal report. So even if they change the database TK to TK_MCC they can still access the report. But when I did the setdatasource there was an exception report. (The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x77e55e02)"

Before it was working fine when I don't have to change the database.

By the way, i tried it also in another computer (just installed the program) but the error message was different. The other error was error28 out of stack space.

Can someone help me on this...
Thank you very much.

Sorry I posted this here...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.