I know that we have members of different age groups here...but what was your favorite cartoon as a kid...or even as an adult...Mine span from the 80's-90's and include:
Thunder Cat, Silver Hawks, Defenders of the earth, paw paw Bear, G-Force, Braveheart, Visionaries, Loony Toons, Flash Gordon...now-a-days its mainly sponge-bob and rugrats i guess....So let me know which cartoons you guys liked...then I found this video on youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BbBc-KCCg8&feature=related

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

captain planet.

Anyone remember Thunderbirds and Fireball XL5 - the shows done with puppets/marionettes?

Val

Tom & Jerry, Heckle & Jeckle, Popeye (I live about 40 miles from his home in Southern Illiinois), Mighty Mouse, Deputy Dog just to name a few. Also enjoyed many of the cartoons when my children were kids.

I still enjoy watching those old cargoons, especially Scooby Doo. Don't like the new crop of cartoons because Hollywood has make them too PC and taken all the violence (and fun) out of them.

Then there was Huckleberry Hound, Quickdraw McGraw (aka El Kabong)!

Oh my gosh....how could I forget popey's....i better go get some spinach. Captain planet too...then we got tom & jerry..these years of cartoons are undoubtedly the best...wish they could make movies out of then...i use to literally run from school and take short-cuts to be home to watch these...and then a bunch of noise because i didn't want to do my homework.

AstroBoy!!

Supercar (same company, but before Fireball XL5)

See my avatar for a pic.

A close second was Space Angel.

Others:

Colonel Bleep
The Jetsons
The Flintstones
Road Runner
Ruff and Ready
Astro Boy
Josie and the Pussycats
Star Trek (animated series)
Archie
Clutch Cargo
Johnny Quest
Top Cat
The Astronut
Mr. Magoo
Beanie & Cecil
Marvin the Martian

commented: Yes -- I liked most of those too :) +21

I've been thinking about this since my last post when I was in a bit of a hurry...

Not only AstroBoy, but also Battle of the Planets (G-Force?), TMNT, Batman, XMen, Speed Racer, Transformers, Masters of the Universe, Scooby Doo and Charlie Brown.

darkagn...i totally agree about TMNT, x-men and batman...i still have some of those old video games on sega, genesis, 64 and old Nintendo...the one that you had to blow the cartidges and hit it for it to work...this thread brings back good memories...a friend and i went into a neighbours home to play the nintendo and we got caugt...also this reminds me of those old archie comics...spider man, avengers, punisher, x-force, wonder man, g.i. joe, iron man, darkhawk, captain america, conan...and the list goes on...they ought to bring them back!

Ahhh the sega megadrive!! I loved sonic the hedgehog :D

spiderman. maybe batman. tom and jerry. popeye.

tom + jerry

Pinky and the Brain!...I heard they are coming back soon!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.