There will always be questions ununswered about the nature of some mysterious things... Or have i missed an official explanation? I don't think i have. But let's share our theories about those Reston, Virginia visitors. A dosen of similar ip address, all during 10-20 seconds, 1 page visit, 1second of length, all from Reston, Virginia :eek: ???

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by gcs584

Every single day, and actually alot of webmasters too, i am getting those visitors. For example now it's 22:34:00 Well... on the stat counter report you see 5-15 unique visitors between 22:34:00 and say 22:34:12, ALL from Reston, Virginia, USA, their ips are slightly different, they hit 1 different page each, their visit length is 0 seconds. Doesn't look like they are humans to me ))) I repeat it happens every day, sometimes 2-3 times a day - those gosts from Reston, Virginia ))

I get this as well (if it's the same IP). A couple of months ago, I performed a reverse dns-lookup and tracked it down to AOL (or some other large corporation) - I can't remember the exact details. I suspect that its just a search engine caching the pages of your site.

I would suspect that it's a good thing overall, and nothing to worry about, yet we would probably be more able to help you out if we were provided with more information.

Regards,

GCS584

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.