Can anyone offer any advice on creating a way to track sales from leads, much like how it is handled by google adwords?

I use Adwords, but also have other links I would like to track from some banner ads, email newsletters, and general directory listings.
I also have some offline stuff that I could use a special url for if I had a way to track from entry point to sale.

Any thoughts? I have no experience with cookie creation but I thought that would be one way to go, or perhaps use an online service, if there is such a place that can provide this service.

I currently use Hitbox to monitor the site, but it is not a tool to really track conversion / sales from multiple sources, especially when the sales cycle is a few days to a few months.

thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

timezone

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

No one has any thoughts on this? Someone must have some advice.

Thread is also listed here:

[thread]30972[/thread]

To keep this site organized, we ask that you please only post your question one time in one place. This way, everyone can see and respond to all of the replies and follow just one single thread.

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.