(Newbie!)

What features will the Web 2.0 webpage have? Will it be simple and clean (no one reads most of the copy). Will it have analytics built in for users? Will it have tools for engagement like Facebook? What do you think?

I want to get your thoughts on what the web 2.0 webpage is.

We are at the point where engagement and connection is key to improving marketing and thus business for your personal/small business.

Lets get a discussion going so we can learn from each other and improve our bottom lines.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

In my opinion information moves freely in web 2.0 which helps people in sharing their ideas and as information is available from different sources internet is becoming a true democratic system. Everyone can now understand the world arround him better as he gets information from different resources. Everyone has his own needs and requirements on internet and Web 2.0 helps in fullfilling them by making the Internet more personalized.

Social Media and Blogging is realy an important in sharing our ideas and spending time with family and friends in today's hactick work life and web 2.0 is making this possible, easy, reliable and fast

Great point.

It seems like everyone has a voice on the Internet.

It's great the web is becoming more personalized, but it is also becoming more noisy. By that I mean, it is so difficult to cut through all of the information out and find what is relevant to you.

yes but when we talk about personalized web we mean that we are getting only what we want or what we can request. The aim of personalization is not only secure ones data but also provide most relevant data he may ask for. Although this has not been achieved fully but work is going on I am personally researching in the same field hope you are getting my point

Excellent Question about web 2.0 property or web page, i do complete agree on previous member replies but i would like to add something about this web 2.0 web pages.

I have done little bit analysis on web 2.0 web pages and i have found that web 2.0 web pages can be migrated to no of social networking applications such as RSS FEED, BLOGGING Platforms, Market Places, Business Networking Applications, and many more.

I believe that web 2.0 web pages are next ecommerce businesses plate form.

What you peoples are about my opinion? let me know

thanks for sharing your valuable ideas...............!

Web 2.0 is an echo-chamber. You can describe it in many ways. Thomaspaul is right about web 2.0. At present web2.0 seems to be the big solution of every problem of web :)..... But there is a lobby can be called as anti web 2.0 lobby. They say that web 2.0 web page is not authenticated and is the notion of amateur e.g.‘encyclopedia vs. Wikipedia‘ debate.

Web 2.0 is proving this quote true " free trumps quality all the time." Nobody is willing to pay for anything anymore if there is a somewhat comparable offering available. User sometimes even compromises on quality.

yes but when we talk about personalized web we mean that we are getting only what we want or what we can request. The aim of personalization is not only secure ones data but also provide most relevant data he may ask for. Although this has not been achieved fully but work is going on I am personally researching in the same field hope you are getting my point

That makes sense. It's the opposite of my former point. There is less noise, not more.

What do you guys think of the design of the Web 2.0 personal and small business homepage is? The current, Web 1.0 page has a header, a footer, a sidebar and a couple of tabs linking you to content on pages designed similarly to the homepage.

My argument is that the majority of content is on social networks these days. I think flavors.me and about.me are on the right page for the webpage of the future. Simple, one page, links to all of your social media tools.

Excellent Question about web 2.0 property or web page, i do complete agree on previous member replies but i would like to add something about this web 2.0 web pages.

I have done little bit analysis on web 2.0 web pages and i have found that web 2.0 web pages can be migrated to no of social networking applications such as RSS FEED, BLOGGING Platforms, Market Places, Business Networking Applications, and many more.

I believe that web 2.0 web pages are next ecommerce businesses plate form.

What you peoples are about my opinion? let me know

thanks for sharing your valuable ideas...............!

Great reply. What do you mean by ecommerce businesses plate form though? Can you provide examples?

Web 2.0 is really awesome these days, lots of internet marketers are taking help of this, you can also get help from here but you have to learn it first, if you don't learn it then you may find very hard I think as well.

I only have little knowledge about Web 2.0 and that is a way for us to communicate globally and to have freedom to do social activities. All of you have great opinion and it refresh me about Web 2.0.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.