Hi there
is there any alternative ideas to increase traffic?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Hi Ariswin

I too am a newbie to the internet game and during my time looking at numerous websites about the same topic i have come to a few conclusions:

1. There is no better way to get traffic to your websites than SEO.
2. You can help your self by writing informative articles about your websites topic and posting them to sites such as "Goarticles" and "EzineArticles" with a link to your site in it
3. Be wary of free traffic synicates, they just promote your site to people that are surfing to gain credits to promote there own site.
4. Submit your website to "DMOZ", they are a directory that holds alot of weight with google so any links from them will increase your search rankings.

I hope i havn't just said the same old thing to you and it helps you out some how.

doeshy

yes i agree SEO is everything for increasing traffic
what about buying links is it significant enough to boost the traffic?

Hi Ariswin

I too am a newbie to the internet game and during my time looking at numerous websites about the same topic i have come to a few conclusions:

1. There is no better way to get traffic to your websites than SEO.
2. You can help your self by writing informative articles about your websites topic and posting them to sites such as "Goarticles" and "EzineArticles" with a link to your site in it
3. Be wary of free traffic synicates, they just promote your site to people that are surfing to gain credits to promote there own site.
4. Submit your website to "DMOZ", they are a directory that holds alot of weight with google so any links from them will increase your search rankings.

I hope i havn't just said the same old thing to you and it helps you out some how.

doeshy

Hi, posting articles is a sure way to get lots of free traffic to your website. You can post article to this site articlebanker and you will get free traffic and a backlink to your website instantly.

I suggested that you create a blog that related to your main site, submit it to social bookmarking site or social community and through forums.

Hi there
is there any alternative ideas to increase traffic?

thanks

We suggest first you do all your SEO and take advantage of all free stuff and then go for paid services.

Link exchange or putting your clients on various sites will surly help you with linking back to them. take example of social book marking sites.

You can have few articles on various sites and all link back to you. You get good links and good ranking on major search engines.

Actually, no, SEO is about optimizing your site, but it's a subset of SEM (search engine marketing) which includes anything from link building to social media efforts and everything in between.

SEO is essentially just editing your page titles, having good navigation, etc. But SEO is not the only thing you should look into.

I made a post yesterday about social media in the Internet Marketing forum. This has helped many people achieve better rankings -- if you do it correctly.

You can upload videos and articles and write blogs. <snipped>

Is Link Exchange or Reciprocal Links with related category and high traffic can be the possible way to increase traffic for a site.

Social networking and bookmarking is one of the alternate method to generate traffic.

You are right, social bookmarking is an alternative way to generate traffic and works for our site.

Social networking and bookmarking is one of the alternate method to generate traffic.

There are many different ways in getting traffic, from PPC campaigns to forum signature.
Social networking is good at the moment, but referers from previous clients also gives good quality traffic.

One thing I learned is that you can drive traffic to your sites, but I have had more people see my site by me driving it to other sites and becoming a part of their reality, blogs, forums, youtubes, articles @ google, etc. that we post and sharing the new found URLies.

One thing I learned is that you can drive traffic to your sites, but I have had more people see my site by me driving it to other sites and becoming a part of their reality, blogs, forums, youtubes, articles @ google, etc. that we post and sharing the new found URLies.

Which really is the same thing as social media. :)

The core of new generation of web 2.0 is social networking. We can use all of this resources to invite traffic. I use social bookmarking, squidoo, hubpages, etc regularly to promote my site.

There is a lot of social site that can help gain traffic for the site. Social bookmarking, social news , social media through communities and the social shopping
like stylehive on which you can bookmark the images of your products. You can also try the photo site such as flickr and prove that it gave traffic.

Dear Ariswin.

I know your frustration.
Been there done that.

Have you considered this?

Each of the marketing methods have strong
supporters because each have effective aspects.
A well presented web site will use a cross
section of these. Your duty is to examine,
select, implement then present your product in
a manner suited to serve your customers

If you need further help, contact me, or
post your questions here on the forum.

Best regards,
Frank Carlson

well, in the long run if your site gets more popular seo(google) would provide the most traffic but there are other alternatives too to get traffic:

1. submit your content to social bookmarking(digg,delicious..)sites, this helps generate a bit, also if your content is interesting and makes it to the 'popular' list you'll generate a lot of traffic.

2.have an rss feed for your site, people would subscribe to it, these generates good readership and loyal readers to your site.

3.comment on other people's sites

4.advertise(not recommended)

using the first 3 tips you can generate a bit more traffic but SEO is the ideal method to generate traffic

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.