I am in a fix . One of my friends has been in the wildlife conservation field . He has made a site for himself and approached me for marketing plans for his website . The best I could tell him was to diversify content and get a referal program running beside standard SEO techniques.
He wants a break even in about a year . Please could anyone help with this problem of mine .
I dont think wildlife will have a great search count too :eek:
So your advice is indeed required for this .
Please help !!!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

1. Submit to directories. Get more incoming links and do on-page optimization. Now this is the SEO thing which I am not terribly good at.

2. How about some public relations? Media mentions help.

3. Do some viral marketing. Spread info about wildlife with branded eBooks, pics etc.

4. Generate some controversy. ;) This is perhaps the best promotion tactic (and a risky one if done wrong).

5. Start blogging and let people spread your word. :D

hmmm .. I can give you further information about the site . They indeed sell ebooks and research pics and they have high placed reference sites also .
The problem is the revenue generation . I am afraid that the subject being not so interesting may not draw appreciable traffic . What can i do to make the site earn .

Target your advertising. Use Google AdWords or other pay per click models that are highly targeted.

hmmm .. I can give you further information about the site . They indeed sell ebooks and research pics and they have high placed reference sites also .
The problem is the revenue generation . I am afraid that the subject being not so interesting may not draw appreciable traffic . What can i do to make the site earn .

Starting an Affiliate program might also be a choice for you. :)

Please correct me, I think Adword is effective with big advertising budget.

Please correct me, I think Adword is effective with big advertising budget.

Nope. It depends on what kinda keywords you bid on and how smartly you manage your budget. :)

The key point I would suggest to track everything well and set a weekly budget and better to stick with it and make sure you know a keyword is working and most important to know why it is working before you invest more.

The key point I would suggest to track everything well and set a weekly budget and better to stick with it and make sure you know a keyword is working and most important to know why it is working before you invest more.

Well , my friend is sort of allergic to PPC campaigns ,since he couldnt do a good PPC campaign for his previous site and it cost him a fortune .
He suggests that he sells custom made T shirts and other similar stuff through some other site ( by joining an affilaite program or something) .
what I cannot ditermine is to which site(s) should I make him join so that he earns well through the affiliate program ..besides ad clicks .

Well , my friend is sort of allergic to PPC campaigns ,since he couldnt do a good PPC campaign for his previous site and it cost him a fortune .

If he's going to manage the PPC campaign himself, then he's smart to be allergic to it. However, if you're proposing to run it for him, then he's crazy to assume that his limitations apply to you too. You may be 100 times better at it than he was.

No affiliate program that I know of will hold a candle to a well-managed Google Adwords campaign. So he's proposing some weak alternatives.

The Paypal donation button works well if you actually provide a valuable service.

-Tony

Affiliate marketing, email marketing, viral marketing and link building are few alternate option that you can implement depend upon your budget.

Is there any possibility of writing an article on this subject and submitting it into the press release 'grinder'? There are numerous article sites tripping over themselves to get content....any content. Couldn't hurt, and should be free.

Marketing is an ongoing challenge! My site at http://www.progressenterprise.com does not rank well for the most coveted search terms like "resume", "CV" or "Curriculum Vitae". However some 2nd and third level phrases such as "resume templates" do quite well on MSN and Yahoo. I also subscribe to a couple of relevant forums (this one and www.citehr.com) and have achieved quite a high hit rate over the 12 months the website has been in operation.

I am now experimenting with the idea of selling banner space on the home page and other more prominent pages (several have a PR of 3, not that that means much!).

I've only just put this up on the site, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm also thinking about offerring the site as a market-place for people with related resume, career or personal/professional development products.

The website is not sufficient to pay me a reasonable salary at this stage, so it is tricky to manage time and site development. Good thing I love the work!

Important things is normally being considered for a site are design, usability, good content, etc but what’s the use if nobody’s coming and reading it.

Overall a good product or service require strong marketing to get success in the marketplace, poor marketing even fail a good product or service.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.