So am using Perl to dynamically generate a form with radio buttons. And no, this is not a Perl question. Essentially the form allows the user to specificy which links to use for Line 1, 2, 3, etc. And this can be a long form. The problem I have is that in placing the links in the VALUE field, each link shows up on each radio button. Makes it very ugly.

Is there a way to label each radio button with just text, but have it's value be the link? I tried the code below, and am still searching. But when you're new to a certain language, even Googling doesn't just give up answers.

Thanks

<tr>
        <td>
            <label for "radio1"><input type="radio" id="radio1" name="line01" value=$primary_links[$y]>Line 1</label><br>
            <label for "radio2"><input type="radio" id="radio2" name="line02" value=$primary_links[$y]>Line 2</label><br>
            <label for "radio3"><input type="radio" id="radio3" name="line03" value=$primary_links[$y]>Line 3</label><br>
            <label for "radio4"><input type="radio" id="radio3" name="line04" value=$primary_links[$y]>Line 4</label><br>
            <label for "radio5"><input type="radio" id="radio4" name="line05" value=$primary_links[$y]>Line 5</label><br>
        </td>
        <td>
            $primary_links[$y]<p>
        </td>
    </tr>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Well a label tag works in this way

<label for="test">Test:</label>
<input type="radio" name="test" />

You place your label's target outside of the label tags

It seems to be because the VALUE is a full reference that this is happening.

So am guessing I need to consolidate all my links into a master array and make the value of each radio the element number of that array.

Ugh

Make sure you're surrounding your values with quotes or it could create malformed HTML

No, seriously, the values themselves are full URL links, and that's why the value shows up....so doing it another way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.