Member Avatar for gcs584

Hi All,

I've developed a site for a small to medium sized company. The current website is only 3 months old. After attaining much success, the company has plans to expand its site. This is great for the business, but is a bit of a pain for the web developer - myself.

All the pages I have created thus far use a consistent theme and layout with static XHTML pages. This means that if I make changes to the template on one page, I have to change all the rest of the *.html pages.

I was looking for some sort of command line application or a simple GUI application that I could utilize for creating templates for static xhtml pages. Furthermore, the application will allow me to update all the pages on the site that use the template. Do you guys have any recommendations? I'm preferrably looking for open-source solutions; I don't have much money.

Regards,

GCS584

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Till now as far as I know, no such application exist. But you can do what you want by using CSS or any other server side scripting language.

XSLT
WML

FUSE is in quite early stages at the moment... it's my own content management meta-language... It's getting quite advanced now, I'm only just starting to document it. It runs offline and online, so it would do what you're looking for, and more.

Personally, for non-dynamic pages, I always use offline XSL transformations.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

XSLT
WML

FUSE is in quite early stages at the moment... it's my own content management meta-language... It's getting quite advanced now, I'm only just starting to document it. It runs offline and online, so it would do what you're looking for, and more.

Personally, for non-dynamic pages, I always use offline XSL transformations.

FUSE??? It would be nice, if you could tell us about it here. By the way how are you developing it. I would like to know about FUSE.

hi this article very use full for me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.