Hello,
I have built a site that looks just how I and the client wanted it in Safari and Firefox, but Internet Explorer tears it to pieces. I would post code here, but I just don't know which part of it is wrong - the site is http://www.sarahamosstudio.com

Please tell me there is a quick and easy solution and I don't have to build the thing again!!! :) I am relatively new to css and all, so please forgive the sloppiness.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

With the exception of this comment <!--[if IE lt 6]> <![endif]--> <!--[if IE lt 6]> <![endif]--> being shown on the page I do not see what you are talking about. I am using IE7 and it does not appear to be broken apart. Maybe put a screen shot up of what you are seeing so it is easier to compare.

I am not seeing a problem at all in IE7.

well, after some research I tried using a separate stylesheet for ie. It is still not looking right in my explorer, but perhaps that is just a mac ie thing? i will post a screenshot. Glad to know it looks right to you though :)

I have added some images - the problem seems to be that the page is reading as absurdly wide, making everything that is right justified appear way off the page to the right.

Just so you can see how it shows up on my screen. Some of the layout might be incorrect, but I guess you are the only one who would know that.

thanks! interesting. on yours it is almost right, except i want the four images on the right pic to stay in a single straight line, and on the middle pic i want the text to lie to the right of the image.

unfortunately its not just me that knows its wrong - the client has a pretty good idea! agh!

Those pics appear that way whether I have the screen maximized or not. I am using 1280x1024.

Good luck.

so I guess I solved this. If anyone has ie and wouldnt mind testing it out and letting me know that would be much appreciated. My ie, running on a mac, doesn't work too great (or hardly at all).

Anyway, all I ended up doing is insert a table. The pages of the site have three pretty distinct sections, so I put in a table with three rows, and one column and set the width to 100%. And for some reason that worked. I have no idea why.

The only thing wrong now is my mouseover image enlargements don't work in ie. But I am not convinced that its not just my version acting up. I hope so. Agh!

so I guess I solved this. If anyone has ie and wouldnt mind testing it out and letting me know that would be much appreciated. My ie, running on a mac, doesn't work too great (or hardly at all).

Anyway, all I ended up doing is insert a table. The pages of the site have three pretty distinct sections, so I put in a table with three rows, and one column and set the width to 100%. And for some reason that worked. I have no idea why.

The only thing wrong now is my mouseover image enlargements don't work in ie. But I am not convinced that its not just my version acting up. I hope so. Agh!

OK so I see your Firefox and compared to my I.e. and see what you are talking about. My ie splits the images as apposed to firefox having them spread in one l ine across the page.

Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.