Hello,
I have built a site that looks just how I and the client wanted it in Safari and Firefox, but Internet Explorer tears it to pieces. I would post code here, but I just don't know which part of it is wrong - the site is http://www.sarahamosstudio.com

Please tell me there is a quick and easy solution and I don't have to build the thing again!!! :) I am relatively new to css and all, so please forgive the sloppiness.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by CassieJ

With the exception of this comment <!--[if IE lt 6]> <![endif]--> <!--[if IE lt 6]> <![endif]--> being shown on the page I do not see what you are talking about. I am using IE7 and it does not appear to be broken apart. Maybe put a screen shot up of what you are seeing so it is easier to compare.

well, after some research I tried using a separate stylesheet for ie. It is still not looking right in my explorer, but perhaps that is just a mac ie thing? i will post a screenshot. Glad to know it looks right to you though :)

I have added some images - the problem seems to be that the page is reading as absurdly wide, making everything that is right justified appear way off the page to the right.

Attachments Picture_1.png 831.96 KB Picture_2.png 705.81 KB Picture_3.png 296.65 KB

Just so you can see how it shows up on my screen. Some of the layout might be incorrect, but I guess you are the only one who would know that.

Attachments 1.jpg 156.18 KB 2.jpg 205.06 KB 3.jpg 167.85 KB

thanks! interesting. on yours it is almost right, except i want the four images on the right pic to stay in a single straight line, and on the middle pic i want the text to lie to the right of the image.

unfortunately its not just me that knows its wrong - the client has a pretty good idea! agh!

Those pics appear that way whether I have the screen maximized or not. I am using 1280x1024.

Good luck.

so I guess I solved this. If anyone has ie and wouldnt mind testing it out and letting me know that would be much appreciated. My ie, running on a mac, doesn't work too great (or hardly at all).

Anyway, all I ended up doing is insert a table. The pages of the site have three pretty distinct sections, so I put in a table with three rows, and one column and set the width to 100%. And for some reason that worked. I have no idea why.

The only thing wrong now is my mouseover image enlargements don't work in ie. But I am not convinced that its not just my version acting up. I hope so. Agh!

so I guess I solved this. If anyone has ie and wouldnt mind testing it out and letting me know that would be much appreciated. My ie, running on a mac, doesn't work too great (or hardly at all).

Anyway, all I ended up doing is insert a table. The pages of the site have three pretty distinct sections, so I put in a table with three rows, and one column and set the width to 100%. And for some reason that worked. I have no idea why.

The only thing wrong now is my mouseover image enlargements don't work in ie. But I am not convinced that its not just my version acting up. I hope so. Agh!

OK so I see your Firefox and compared to my I.e. and see what you are talking about. My ie splits the images as apposed to firefox having them spread in one l ine across the page.

Good luck!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.