richWnewkey 0 Newbie Poster

(I'm exhausted, so please overlook grammar, syntax, and spelling mistakes.)

I use Dreamweaver 9 with the rest of CS 3 on Mac OS X Leopard. Everything I do is done in split view to the source code. The design view is only for instant gratification and it makes it easier to jump to the areas of code that I wish to work on. Why search the code for something that I can visually find on the page? Selecting it in the design pane brings my code pane to the same region of the file. What a time to be alive.

I've begun making, for lack of a better term, sandboxes, for my boss. He creates the page concept, I bring the page to life. In the process, I leave him blank areas that he can create page specific content in without affecting the rest of the page. Not a frame mind you, just a blank area that is set aside for him pretty up. Every now and then my shell needs repairs, additions, or subtractions.

Here's my issue, I hope you can help: I'm searching for a way to automate certain tasks inside dreamweaver at the code level in design time to help in case I need to make large changes to pages. Simple things, like inserting or removing code, that's all I need. Anybody know of anything that could help me?

I can't create commands inside of dreamweaver because the dreamweaver history doesn't care what I've done to the source code, which is where I make my changes. It shows I made a change to the code, but it doesn't care what I typed in, so it won't let you automate repetitive tasks that happen to the source code. I need to insert the links to two stylesheets to over a hundred different html files in a variety of directories. My searches of the forums here and at Adobe's site as well as the internet at large haven't been helpful to my situation. Does anybody know of something that could help me?

This is for future reference because right now I am embroiled in doing it page by page. Thanks to anybody who can point me in the right direction.

-rich w.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.