Help. Ok guys, I spent about 10 hours trying to figure out how to post ranks on a message board. I read all your stuff and other peoples stuff and still don't know what I'm doing wrong. I get a box with an 'x' in it.

Do I have to have my site on line to do this? I noticed the address for the 'gif' you have are on a page on-line ex) http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/techtalk-images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif How is this done? Do I need to have a live page on-line to do this? If so, is it just a page that isn't linked up? I'm not very computer literate and I may not be explaining my problem very well, but any help would be greatly apperciated.

Are you using vBulletin to power your message board? If not, you may need to write a ranking system yourself. In PHP, you would use a for loop to repetitively print out a .gif image, depending on a member's reputation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.