Hello.

I have a table with 1 cell and 1 row and in it I have a name and comment section with a submit button and reset button. To the right I have an IFrame that is linked with a .cgi file displaying all the posted comments and it does show. My files all worked fine before, I just decided that I wanted the posting to display to the right in a frame on the same page.

How can I get my submit button, or button to have its action and post not open a new window, but write to the .cgi file and display the comments to the frame on the right

I can't figure it out, it keeps opening up in a new window and will not open in the frame to the right

So I need the file to write the comments and name without opening a new window and update and display in the frame to the right.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi Amie,

To achieve what you want, I think you would have to go AJAX or JS... Try posting in that section, pretty sure they will be more than happy to help you.

can you share you code for the page?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.