Hello there
I would like to ask you a question related to loading times.
I have noticed that the loading time for the images of this site (www.metatradersoftware.com) varies depending on the browser I use. The main difference comes when you use firefox which is quick and opera which is slow.
When I click on the different buttons of the upper horizontal pane, I can notice in opera that the images last a few seconds to download each time. Nevertheless in firefox, I cannot appreciate this time, may be because it's really quick.
Does anybody has any theory which explains why this difference in loading times might happen? Actually I would like to do something to fix this thing because I do not like that the images take so long to load in opera.
Thanks in advance
Edit/Delete Message

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I can think of several reasons:

- Different browser communications settings.

- Different methods for the way the browser assembles the page.

- Different handshaking orders.

- Different methods of resizing images to fit.

- Different methods of displaying (maybe one waits until the entire image is downloaded before displaying any of it)

- Different internet cache settings.

- Fragmented internet cache on one browser.

- If both are installed on the same computer, the second one might get a less optimum cache space. It's even worse if both programs are open.

- Different virus checker settings or methods.

I can think of several reasons:

- Different browser communications settings.

- Different methods for the way the browser assembles the page.

- Different handshaking orders.

- Different methods of resizing images to fit.

- Different methods of displaying (maybe one waits until the entire image is downloaded before displaying any of it)

- Different internet cache settings.

- Fragmented internet cache on one browser.

- If both are installed on the same computer, the second one might get a less optimum cache space. It's even worse if both programs are open.

- Different virus checker settings or methods.

Thanks
The problem was that I had opera with these settings:
Preferences->History->Check images->Always but I already change them to every 5 hours and it is working fine now.
Thanks again. Topic solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.