Hi Everybody,
I am new to this forum and quite inexperienced when it comes to HTML coding.

I want to put the Dropdown HTML control menu (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropdowncontrol.htm) on my website, but am not sure if I can do that since my hosting package doesn't allow me to use php on my website, since it is a very basic package.
Can I still put this menu on my site even if I don't have php?
If I can't, is there another way to do this kind of menu?

I took the code as is on the link and pasted it into my DW....it doesn't do what the example looks like at all. I am probably not supposed to do that, I probably need something more, but don't know what :icon_confused:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you need also javascript code also,
download the file External .js from that page bottom of the page and try it

I did download that file, but inside is dropdown.js, not external .js.

I can see that the first piece of code with the div, is calling the function (at_attach) but how do I know it is really linking to dropdown.js?

I copied the div tag into a simple html doc into the <body> tag. When I preview this in a browser, I only get the following text:
Main Menu
Item 1 Item 2 Item 3

Please help some more?

It's very easy to accomplish this using css and html. You could use java as this is client side script, but not everyone has java switch on in there browser. Google css drop down menus, if you get stuck let me know and i will help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.