Hi everyone,

this is my first post so I hope is not a pain :-/

I am using tabs3 as a gallery to show some projects. It works fine in FF and Safari but I am experiencing a weird positioning problem in IE6 (what a surprise ah?). Some content doesn´t position correctly. Every div to hold the "tabs-panel" is exact to the others so they all should be right or wrong I guess.

please see for yourself here:
http://www.tests.net84.net/

Hit the "galeria" menu on the left side of the page and then try the 2nd. link "hermida" for instance (a couple more don´t work either)

Thank in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi

Can anyone tell me the Difference between <table> and <div> in html.Pls help me

Thanks and Regards
Punithapary

best you can do is to google your question as there are thousands of iscussions about this matter. Here is one that might help you:
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=49097

Anyway you should post a new thread for this as this one is trying to solve a different problem.

Hi everyone,

this is my first post so I hope is not a pain :-/

I am using tabs3 as a gallery to show some projects. It works fine in FF and Safari but I am experiencing a weird positioning problem in IE6 (what a surprise ah?). Some content doesn´t position correctly. Every div to hold the "tabs-panel" is exact to the others so they all should be right or wrong I guess.

please see for yourself here:
http://www.tests.net84.net/

Hit the "galeria" menu on the left side of the page and then try the 2nd. link "hermida" for instance (a couple more don´t work either)

Thank in advance

Welcome to DaniWeb and I love the Website you have but I also think I know why it does not work in IE6 but this is just a wild guess. IE6 is one of the most pickiest browsers so it may not like the _ in the div section like your texto_fullwidth div if you remove the _ it may work.

There is one big IE incompatibility that happens when you define size styles (width, height) in the same tag that has nonzero surrounding styles (margin, border, padding). It can also happen with images.

FF and the other browsers that follow the W3C standard put the surrounding styles outside the size styles, like this (outside to inside):

margin
border
padding
width/height

IE changes the order of nesting within a single tag, cramming the surrounding styles inside the size styles:

width/height
margin
border
padding

If a set of objects is designed to fit exactly in a given space, it can fail if this order is reversed.

The template control was initially built up using active panels, but after some testing and failing I removed the active panels and used plain divs. The problem went away (no more duplication of contents). Anyone got a idea why this would happen? I've included the code, and it should be enough to give it a spin.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.