Does anyone know of any way to maintain transparency of, say, a drop shadow over a background other than white?
Thanks,
BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What software are you using? I'm pretty sure this can be done in Adobe Photoshop.

Does anyone know of any way to maintain transparency of, say, a drop shadow over a background other than white?

Yea, if you're using photoshop just set the background transparency and then add the drop shadow to the image.

PM me if you have any problems, it's pretty simple :)

In Photoshop, the transparency of any 'filter' or 'effect' usually can be set in the same dialogue you create it in. The transparency//opacity is usually respresented by a bar, scaling from 1% to 100%.

In Photoshop, the transparency of any 'filter' or 'effect' usually can be set in the same dialogue you create it in. The transparency//opacity is usually respresented by a bar, scaling from 1% to 100%.

Yep -- it's pretty easy to do in Photoshop. I have a related question though --

In Photoshop, sometimes I'll want to do a transparent gif of a peice of text... and when I use the Save For Web and do the GIF with transparency, the edges of the text come out all crappy (that's a technical term!). The way I get around it usually -- is to have the text, then do Save As, choose GIF from there and put a matte on the image before saving (some color close to the background I'm putting the transparent gif ON). That makes the edges of the text smoother. Does anyone have any clue what I'm talking about or has anyone had similar problems? Just wondering if I'm going about that the best way.

Cheers,
Shannon

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.