The home page is a flash movie for a site i created,when i use the w3c validation tool, it gives errors saying "invalid attribute "embed" ",
"invalid attribute "scr" "; if i take of "embed" it does not work in Netscape. And also when validating shows error for the movie height and width , if i take that off then the movie is not show fully even in IE.
Please help if some one does know ?
thanks,
meena

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

You can insert a flash file through <embed src>. But, the w3c validator shows that tag as an invalid one.

:mad: We design professionals take the w3c guidelines as guidelines only. If you follow the w3c standards, you can't build up a really good site. Your creativity is fully stopped. You customer cannot be satisfied.

I recommend, dont follow W3C. But, a flash file works in Netscape, cool. You can use Dreamweaver or Homesite to design/test your pages. As far as height, if you embed the flash file in a layer, it shows different height and width in Netscape.

The code may take this form,,,,

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="32" height="32">
<param name="movie" value="file://test.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high">
<embed src="file://test.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="32" height="32"></embed></object>

:lol: Cheers and Happy Designing

Lovablefool

The home page is a flash movie for a site i created,when i use the w3c validation tool, it gives errors saying "invalid attribute "embed" ",
"invalid attribute "scr" "; if i take of "embed" it does not work in Netscape. And also when validating shows error for the movie height and width , if i take that off then the movie is not show fully even in IE.
Please help if some one does know ?
thanks,
meena

The only "standards compliant" method i have found is to use an iframe:

<iframe src="someflash.swf" width="200" height="100" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

It works OK on IE9, Firefox, Opera, Chrome and Safari

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.