Hi all --

If one would use #includes (SHTML, PHP, whatever) on a site, do those include pages get cached and therefore reduce load time (maybe just minorly) for subsequent pages or subsequent visits to the site? Or does that not affect load time?

Could be too simple a question... not sure. :)

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i am pretty sure that you would not notice a change in load time if there was one so i wouldn't worry about because a user with broadband which most people have now would not notice any load time difference between the two options. I am not even sure if there is a difference

i am pretty sure that you would not notice a change in load time if there was one so i wouldn't worry about because a user with broadband which most people have now would not notice any load time difference between the two options. I am not even sure if there is a difference

What if there's a network with 25 Clients? I mean there's a reason why someone invented proxies...

@2ndPlatform

I only know PHP: the inclusion happens on the server, so your browser always sees only one complete site - the important thing therefore is if the site with all the meta-tags that includes the other is being chached. At least that's how I see it.

Michael

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.