Hi guys,
i have built a couple of basic sites in the past but wanna try a bit more now,
just wondering if ya know any good sites for learning html, and also im looking at using i frames with my site which is table based so any links or info on how to set these up would be great,

thanks in advance
Mike :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Generally, frames suck (just my 2 cents :))

I'd suggest not using frames, if you can.

Frames will soon be outdated and replaced by table designs and table-less designs (CSS). If you wish to really excel in the field of web design; choosing a CSS based path would be my opinion in where to go. But, if not, here is my HTML resource site:

http://www.funky-chickens.com/

P.S. Still recommend CSS ;)

Yep CSS is the way to go :D

The only place I've seen iframes used is as an alternative to JavaScript in link exchange programs and the type, where you're putting a 3rd party code fragment onto your site.

IFRAMEs are still used in several CMS related web apps. When dealing with a lot of data, it's wise to use them rather than scrolling through 1000 records of information. The reason why they are used is so you have menus and other tools visible to the user, otherwise, as soon as you scroll, you'd lose visibility of them. I'm using IFRAMEs in a project manager right now I'm doing in PHP. ;)

Thanks for the info guys and gals,
i got it working a little so just the rest to figure out now :) :rolleyes:

IFRAMEs are still used in several CMS related web apps. When dealing with a lot of data, it's wise to use them rather than scrolling through 1000 records of information. The reason why they are used is so you have menus and other tools visible to the user, otherwise, as soon as you scroll, you'd lose visibility of them. I'm using IFRAMEs in a project manager right now I'm doing in PHP. ;)

Yep very true :)
Also, making a project manager eh? Could I have some more information? I'll send you a PM ;)

Generally, frames suck (just my 2 cents :))

I'd suggest not using frames, if you can.

Before ranting, make sure you know what you are talking about.
Check the difference between a frame and iframe :)
This thread is about iframes, and ranting on frames makes your post useless.

I really don't recomend using frames/iframes on your pages, in 2 years time they will be going out when XHTML come in (XHTML doesn't support frames). Also many browsers don't support them as well as they might if at all.

So keep with tables, they are much easier to manage and maintain

Yep ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.