Hi Everyone

Umm...first time posting here. I'm barely learning about CSS and all that jazz and I'm confused as to what I did wrong.

The professor doesn't really help us out and the book and lectures just confuse me.

I put up the layout here: http://michie.suteki.nu

My Navigation bar goes all the way down each time text is added to the content part.
I'm not sure why either...

Could someone possibly assist me?

I will attach the .css and .html as text files.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated ^-^

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I looked at the styling, and couldn't find an error without the images. The screenshot shows the nav bar in the correct position according to the live example. You might try getting rid of the "-400" in the margin attribute for something, maybe "position: relative". I've never seen a negative setting for margin.

So after more browsing I edited stuff in the content/nav css...i think i just made it worse

T-T

This is what I added

#nav {
float: none;
width: 110px;
padding-left: 10px;
margin-top: -20px;
}

#content {
float: right;
width: 400px;
padding-right: 10px; 
}

Start again with the file attached.

I actually just finished fixing the layout. After starting from scratch I figured out the problem.

Now the only issue I'm having is the headings being really large and slightly too high on IE7.

I get that too.

Any ideas why?

Another little thing that irritates me is...
The large spacing between the headings...

@.@

The going rate is that IE sucks.

Headings.. do you mean heading-divs, or header elements?

the elements like h1 h2 etc

Well Ive pretty much figured most of my problems out so...I guess its solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.