Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

My client ask me to do a "Style Guide" for their website. Anybody knows what is meant by style guide and how to write that. Samples and tutorials required. Help me. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

No clue. This is one of the many tasks of a technical worker. Communicating with the "not so technical" client. Contact your client and get more info on what a "Style Guide" should include.

My client ask me to do a "Style Guide" for their website. Anybody knows what is meant by style guide and how to write that. Samples and tutorials required. Help me. Thanks

Covers graphic and information design.. page layout & so on..

:S (style guide) it is a web design

Please give more information about it, and any sample for it

basically it should be usable by any.. you know.. easy & pleasant like DaniWeb. because people are impatient like me
graphic designs- strong colors ,Use the Inverted Pyramid,Put more,important content first,Use clear headlines and headings,Consider the users goals.. for html

<p style="color:pink; background:#ffc; padding:1em;">shara</p> 
the form should be simple for the users to work out on your web page.. <form action="yourscript.php" method="get">
   <input type="text" name="username" />
   <input type="password" name="password" />
   <input type="submit" /> </form>

on-page anchors, style , href , semantically or whatever.. what about the class always put dot or period to apply the elements..

<style type="text/css">
   .comment {
      border:1px solid (whatever color that you want);
      background-color:#f6f6ff;
      padding:1em;
      margin:.5em;
      border-left:6px solid #eee;
   }

</style> apply css styles javascripts.. the class & titles.. style guide is simply making your web usable.. less designs.. do more communicate like Daniweb.. proper coloums, colors , resources , it'z website architecture is properly arrange..
this is all i can help..

Hello everybody,

Style guide is nothing but the values measured in pixel. The measurement between the logo and the menu bar. What should be the banner size, then the gap between the banner and the logo etc.,.

This is called style guide. If the client gives us the style guide. Than the design should resemble exactly the same as given. So therer should not be any deviation from the given style. This is called style guide.

Thanks,
Mothiram .J

Thanks for your great explanation ahihihi and thanks to mothiram. Somewhat I understand about the style guide to prepare an document which resembles our website contents like graphics, fonts, css , links etc. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.