Hello all,

I've recently created a new website: http://www.naruto-fanbase.com and I've made it multi-lingual (12 languages in total), but I was wondering how I would go about submitting the website into each foreign search engine. Any help will be very appreciated.

Just in case you need to know:

The default language is English, and each of the additional languages can be accessed with adding a query string:

?language=fr
?language=es
?language=de etc. (I'm sure you get the point :) )

I know that most of the coding for the website is alot of <div>'s but I plan to improve the coding in the future :)

If anyone knows of any beneficial SEO tools/coding that I can use to help attract more visitors - that would also be VERY appreciated.

Thanks very much for your time,
David

Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by AnnasStudio

In Google Webmaster tools
that you have subscribed to? havent you
has a bunch of helpscreens including one on localization strings to tell the bots where what to look at
Yahoo bots use the same strings

Hey, thanks for the reply :)

Yeah, I'm subscribed to Google Webmaster Tools, I hadn't noticed the localised strings feature, I'm gonna go and check it out.. thanks again mate.

David

<meta name="keywords" lang="EN" content="for, rent, lease, dog friendly, apartment, apartments, rent, lease, rent to own">
<meta name="keywords" lang="EN" content="rental, for rent, Amherst, Truro, dog, friendly, lease to own">
<meta name="keywords" lang="EN" content="Nova Scotia, nova, scotia, FAQ, Insurance">
<meta name="keywords" lang="EN" content="Tenant Guide, fun, frequently asked questions">
<meta name="keywords" lang="FR" content="chien, appartement, appartements, loyer, bail">
<meta name="keywords" lang="FR" content="location, pour le loyer, Amherst, Truro">
<meta name="keywords" lang="FR" content="la Nouvelle-Ecosse, FAQ, assurance, guide de locataire">
<meta name="keywords" lang="FR" content="amusement,questions frequemment posees">

the webmaster blogs say the support for the language is 'not complete' but we are getting hits from Quebec and Saint-Pierre & Miquelon
that we did not get without the FR tags

Check out a forum blaster or a website url submitter i offer a great one at www.semoweb.com/software.html

Hello all,

I've recently created a new website: http://www.naruto-fanbase.com and I've made it multi-lingual (12 languages in total), but I was wondering how I would go about submitting the website into each foreign search engine. Any help will be very appreciated.

Just in case you need to know:

The default language is English, and each of the additional languages can be accessed with adding a query string:

?language=fr
?language=es
?language=de etc. (I'm sure you get the point :) )

I know that most of the coding for the website is alot of <div>'s but I plan to improve the coding in the future :)

If anyone knows of any beneficial SEO tools/coding that I can use to help attract more visitors - that would also be VERY appreciated.

Thanks very much for your time,
David

From my experience, you do pretty much the same thing as you do for English site; just make sure that you have Meta tags for each language with quality key words in each language. Major search engines are used all over the world.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.