Where should I start for web developing?

I want to start a business in web developing.
Which language should I learn? I have heard about SQL, PHP,CSS etc but really don't know where to start. I would be so grateful to you guide me to take the first step.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Yeah I agree with evolutionfallen, html and css are the base of design the others are programming, you should start with learning how to layout your designs and then get into the more advance things.

Do you know (X)HTML? You have to start with that. If not, try http://www.w3schools.com

I agree, learning XHTML is a start and w3schools is a good place too start. You should also use CSS for your page styling it also makes creating similar page easier.

Then you may want to consider PHP or ASP.

I agree, learning XHTML is a start and w3schools is a good place too start. You should also use CSS for your page styling it also makes creating similar page easier.

Then you may want to consider PHP or ASP.

Thank you!
But what is the difference between HTML and XHTML?

Where should I start for web developing?

I want to start a business in web developing.
Which language should I learn? I have heard about SQL, PHP,CSS etc but really don't know where to start. I would be so grateful to you guide me to take the first step.

I think first of all you need think about learning, then try to do some freelance carrier, after that more learnings. SO then you will be ready to learn about business in web development.

But if you want to manage your business and not work on it as developr, start reading entrepreneurs blogs, business forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.