I am developing a site where i have a background image boarding the left side, then it fades into a color, and then the background color is set to the color it fades into so everything is smooth.

In Chrome, firefox 3.1 everythign looks great. When i move into firefox 3.5 however, the irritating "color profiles" shifts the colors ever so slightly that my image and the background color no longer smoothly transition.

How can I fix this?

I should add that "change the settings in firefox" is not an acceptable answer since it is turned on by default, i cant expect everyone visiting should have to adjust their web browsers because of firefox's idiotic "improvement".

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A problem also might be between different screens.
Try to use two images, with the same color, that will render as the same relative color (tiling the whole background), instead of relying on the color processing as the same.
This problem also can be seen in different computer setups/operating systems.

A problem also might be between different screens.
Try to use two images, with the same color, that will render as the same relative color (tiling the whole background), instead of relying on the color processing as the same.
This problem also can be seen in different computer setups/operating systems.

they are the exact same color. I got it from PhotoShop's color dropper on the right most pixel of my image.

Note I said everything works fine in other browsers, just not Mozilla and their crazy devs implementing unneeded features (color profiles? really? the webmasters cant just edit them if the WANT them?). Color Profiles are enabled by default by Firefox 3.5, which darkens PNG images in an attempt to "fix" them.

My question is that there HTML code that tells Firefox to back off and not "fix" the png images?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.