how to give shadow in dreamweaver to textfield area?

this is my code nd i want to give inner shadow for this

<label>
      <input name="textfield" type="text" size="25" maxlength="25" width="300px" />
      </label>

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Here's a demo of the border effects theoretically available from CSS.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<title>Airshow :: Border Styles Demo</title>
<style type="text/css">
body { background-color: #e0e0e0; }
input {
	margin: 6px 0;
	width: 200px;
	height: 30px;
	border-width: 2px;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>

<input style="border-style:none"   name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="none" /><br />
<input style="border-style:dotted" name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="dotted" /><br />
<input style="border-style:dashed" name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="dashed" /><br />
<input style="border-style:solid"  name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="solid" /><br />
<input style="border-style:double" name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="double" /><br />
<input style="border-style:groove" name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="groove" /><br />
<input style="border-style:ridge"  name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="ridge" /><br />
<input style="border-style:inset"  name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="inset" /><br />
<input style="border-style:outset" name="textfield" type="text" size="25" value="outset" /><br />

</body>
</html>

I say theoretically, because last time I ran a check, not all these border styles were available in all the major browsers. IIRC, IE was most comprehensive and Opera least - or was it FF?

To see what's going on in more detail, change border-width to something like 15px.

I think Dunceweaver will let you do all that - surely?

Airshow

thanks.can we give top border bottom or left border to this box

Yes, standard CSS box model applies.

Top, bottom, left and right can be individually set but please note that with groove, ridge, inset and outset, the styles of the four edges are managed for you to give the right effect, which will probably be lost if you try to address the edges individually. But by all means try.

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.