Hello,
I am new to Adobe flex and trying to create a website. This may sound like a stupid question, but would anyone be able tell me how i would link between different instances of my website. Like, linking between pages, as you would using HTML.

Would appreciate anybody's advice,

Thanks in advance,

Marianne

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,
I am new to Adobe flex and trying to create a website. This may sound like a stupid question, but would anyone be able tell me how i would link between different instances of my website. Like, linking between pages, as you would using HTML.

Would appreciate anybody's advice,

Thanks in advance,

Marianne

You would use the HTML anchor tag, just as you would with external links, except that you don't need to include the protocol and domain name. For instance, a link to your home page would merely be "/".

More importantly though - Aesthetics, Marketing and SEO are the critical elements of website building. You can easily get bogged down in the technicalities and lose site of the most important aspects.

Since you're asking such a basic question here, may I suggest that you look into Joomla? (http://www.Joomla.org). Joomla is a free content-management-system that is easy to use, powerful and flexible.

Joomla can take care of nearly all of the technical aspects of web building, including your design and functionality, and let you concentrate on your content.

Although I am an experienced web developer who has created many large websites from scratch, any more nearly all my projects are done in Joomla.

I have no connection to Joomla and I make no money from recommending it. (It is open-source and FREE, after all.)

Here are some Joomla sites you can checkout -

CompuSolver.com
Web-Professor.com
CastelloProductions.com

If you need Layout level navigation use View States or use View Stacks for page level navigation

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.