i tried letter-spacing: -.02 em and i like it. but does -.002 work? is there a limit on the decimal things? maybe they arent called points but someone has to know what im refering to okthxbai

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i tried letter-spacing: -.02 em and i like it. but does -.002 work? is there a limit on the decimal things? maybe they arent called points but someone has to know what im refering to okthxbai

"em" was made for print media, but since IE won't allow users to resize text that is sized by pixels, "em" has become a good way to size fonts for web pages.

The default size for "medium" text is 16px, making 1em = 16px.

Reducing that by 1percent would make a difference of less than one-fifth of a pixel. Useful? I think not.

"em" was made for print media, but since IE won't allow users to resize text that is sized by pixels, "em" has become a good way to size fonts for web pages.

The default size for "medium" text is 16px, making 1em = 16px.

Reducing that by 1percent would make a difference of less than one-fifth of a pixel. Useful? I think not.

its really use ful for me on my page im doing lately. because with -1px the letters where running into each other and -.02em the letters where a bit spaced more

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.