Hello,

I've made a website and have images in a sidebar. Everything's good in IE. In Firefox it is transparent. The sidebar consists of PNG images with transparent backgrounds and rounded edges.

I've used code for style:

#sidebar {
margin:0;
padding:0;
background-color:transparent;
}

Any suggestions appreciated!
(URL is: http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/index-bkup-4-21-10.aspx)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Oops, very sorry. The background is transparent in IE, in Firefox it is WHITE! I looked it up online and transparent is supposed to be the default color. Also, I tried
background:none;
which didn't work either.

Member Avatar for diafol

Doesn't work properly in Chrome either. I warrant it's wrong in Safari and Opera too - you'll have to check.

Hmm. I put your site through a html validator - it's not pretty.

Your problem appears to be a repeating background image.

Will get back.

//Are you working on this at the minute? Seems the display is changing every time is refresh! Will wait for you to respond.

Doesn't work properly in Chrome either. I warrant it's wrong in Safari and Opera too - you'll have to check.

Hmm. I put your site through a html validator - it's not pretty.

Your problem appears to be a repeating background image.

Will get back.

//Are you working on this at the minute? Seems the display is changing every time is refresh! Will wait for you to respond.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yes, very perceptive... I am working as we speak! I messed it up pretty bad & will need to just throw it away. I am trying to fix too many things at one time. I will start again with one change at one time. Thank you, I appreciate the shout out. ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.