hi to all,

I am just asked to make a news letter.

What I did:>

I have made a web page uploaded to server.Then I openend the outlook and used New Mail-> Web page .It prompted for URl and I gave URlto this page in server.It loaded the page fine as desired and the
issue comes herer:
The images and text is the same as desired on reception but the images are coming as attahments too which is looking weird.

I would prefer to sent the html mail with images as part of the mail content and not pumped from the server.

Please help me out this.I am really new to this.

Thanking you in advance , I remain
Sincerely
Harish Balakrishnan Marar

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You cannot directly embed images in HTML. HTML is a set of instructions. One of those instructions is "put this image, here". The browser/client must retrieve the graphics when it processes those instructions. So what you're seeing is a problem in Outlook, not the HTML.

If you want absolute fidelity of your graphic design, you might consder sending a PDF file, instead of HTML.

You cannot directly embed images in HTML. HTML is a set of instructions. One of those instructions is "put this image, here". The browser/client must retrieve the graphics when it processes those instructions. So what you're seeing is a problem in Outlook, not the HTML.

If you want absolute fidelity of your graphic design, you might consder sending a PDF file, instead of HTML.

hi ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes and I have done it differently.This things happened because I thought this way it would be easy.used phpmailer and is working fine.

I would definitely post the details later before closing this thread so that it would be helpful for someother person.

Thanking you I remain

hi,

What i did was used the php's mail functions and the html pageas content.

It is coming great in my rediffmail, yahoo accounts but when I see the same message in outlook client it is showing the HTML tags!!!

Why is this happening? Is there anything that outlook needs to be configured for/set to view this mail.

Regards,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.