i understand that you need to change the title of your index page, but when accessing the index page i am only aloud to view the the code for the two individual frames. I have titled these two frames but can not find how to access the index html code because again when i open the index.html it takes me to those to two frames and not the entire index code.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Osirus;

It sounds to me like you're using a WYSIWYG editor for your website coding.

If you're attempting to modify your frameset file (index.html) and you are using, for example, Adobe Dreamweaver you can access the main frameset (and it's associated settings) by going to Modify > Frameset > Edit NoFrames Content.

Other editors generally use a similar method to modify the frameset page itself.

Alternately, you can copy the metatags from your content frames and manually paste them into the index.html file via a text editor like notepad.

Hope that helps :)

wow thank you that helped a lot.

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Execute the index file in browser and go to viewsource from menu. It will open the code of index file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.