Hi all. I'm ccentering a searchbox in a container and there are some differences between mozzila and IE. I used the following:

<!--[if IE]>
				<style>#menu{ height: 3px;} .navigate{padding-left: 35px;} .text{ padding-left: 55px;} .form{ margin-top: -55px;}
				</style>
				<![endif]-->

the changes for .navigate and #menu are sucessfull but nothing changes about the .form
if I change values in the CSS file they apply but I don;t know why I can't overwrite the CSS for IE. Please help. Best regards

I prefer to use an external style sheet, and have one for Internet Explorer and one for the other browsers.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" href="otherbrowsers.css" />
<!--[if IE]>
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" href="explorer.css" />
<![endif]-->

This way helps me when I am correcting any css styles, I can update the numbers effecting a specific browser instead of guessing numbers that will work for both(all).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.