hi all
all i want to do is create a simple html form and submit it direct to a forum thread i have created can anyone help or is it not possible the idea is that someone can post a result of a game they have played without going to the forum to post the result.

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hi all
all i want to do is create a simple html form and submit it direct to a forum thread i have created can anyone help or is it not possible the idea is that someone can post a result of a game they have played without going to the forum to post the result.

thanks

What youare asking is well beyond the scope of HTML/CSS. What you are looking to do is create an API or "APP" as it is commonly referred to.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

thanks will do

yeah just read the first part its far to complex for me. can a form then be submited to a blank html, that is hidden from the user saved and then i could get the document for later use. if so how would i do it i just want something very basic and easy to use as other peaple will be using the system i put in.

thanks

yeah just read the first part its far to complex for me. can a form then be submited to a blank html, that is hidden from the user saved and then i could get the document for later use. if so how would i do it i just want something very basic and easy to use as other peaple will be using the system i put in.

thanks

? Now it sounds like you are trying to hijack someone's forum?
Unless you are the webmaster in control of the forum, there is no way ( or should be no way) to collect data from a thread you created. If you are a member there may be a way to collect general info that is available to all members, but that involves the afore mentioned API.

HTML/CSS is a markup language for display only it does not store or do any dynamic processes. You are in the wrong forum for that.

its my own site im building take a look
www.360gamersleague.com
i have a members area away from the forum and wanted a form in the secure area so members could upload the score without going to the forum. it needs to be posted in the orum so all users can see the results as im going to be charging for the members area. neva mind il try something else.

thnaks

Yes it is possible but only in the forum of your site.The forum Coding and the form coding must be linked that is,you can extract data from the form's text using its properties then display that data in the forum,s text box or other,you need to write the coding for this in the forum's coding

thanks i will take a look

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.