I am currently looking for a webhosting service that I can use Flash with (including actionscript). Will I get this functionality with all web hosts or what should I look for in working out what web host to use.
The reason I ask is I know that actionscript can interface with other files on the server, so I'm assuming the host would need specific technology to allow this.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am currently looking for a webhosting service that I can use Flash with (including actionscript). Will I get this functionality with all web hosts or what should I look for in working out what web host to use.
The reason I ask is I know that actionscript can interface with other files on the server, so I'm assuming the host would need specific technology to allow this.

Hello, I am using: http://www.turbopack.com
I use same company for more than 2 years.

All my sites use flash, action script and php and I had no problem so far, I think there aren't many servers that would clock you from using flash and action script, these things should work on 99% of servers.

I used godaddy.com too but I don't really like them, the above link should work better than godaddy.com and with same bandwidth, storage and more domains hosted.

ps: if you are a flash developer you may show us your work by posting it to www.FFILES.com for free.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

as far as i know every hosting service whether free or not allows swf files, adn if it allows swf files there's nothing to question abt ActionScript. but you must ensure whether it support php or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.