Ok here's the deal. I made a pretty sweet custom corson in Adobe Photoshop, and after installing the right plug in, made it in the correct cursor format, .cur. Now all my website is in dreamweaver, and i need to insert the cursor there. I tried a few different ways of inserting cursors in the html but I can't figure out how to upload the cursor pic. If I do it goes in it doesnt go as an image. please help! Anything would be appreciated. Jenny~

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Quote from w3.org http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/ui.html#propdef-cursor

The user agent retrieves the cursor from the resource designated by the URI. If the user agent cannot handle the first cursor of a list of cursors, it should attempt to handle the second, etc. If the user agent cannot handle any user-defined cursor, it must use the generic cursor at the end of the list.

P { cursor : url("mything.cur"), url("second.csr"), text; }

Don't forget upload your cursor with rest of your site.

What do you mean? I only have one customized cursor... :-|

You don't have to have 2 cursor. Example above is standart procedure ensure that if first setting doesn't aplly browser will use second one. If this fail standart settengs will be used. So 3 cursors setting in case of failure.

So simly in CSS declare on which object(DIV, P, TABLE, IMG,...) your customize cursor should take action

P { cursor : url("mycursor.cur"), pointer; }

What this mean is, first use my customize cursor for rollover on this object( P - paragraph), if this not supported use second setting as pointer/hand.

Hope this is clear ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.