This code, for me is all strung out on one line when displayed in Firefox, yet in IE, it shows all the appropriate line breaks. Is this a feature of FF or what? Is there a way that will work for both IE and FF?

here is the HTML file contents - it is system generated on a Z/OS platform with java:

<html>&#xD;<head><title>DspRpt: CQRPT.FT.CA06248.CP06248B.D12076.V00004 </title></head>&#xD;<body>&#xD;<pre>&#xD;READY&#xD; SDSFPCNT CP LOCAL&#xD;&#xD;&#xD;Counting pages for Jobs beginning with CP for printer LOCAL&#xD;&#xD;&#xD;isfmsg2.1 is: ISF754I Command 'PREFIX CP*' generated from associated variable ISFPREFIX.&#xD;isfmsg2.2 is: ISF767I Request completed.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB00215 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB00319 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB00828 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248B JOB01651 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248C JOB00470 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;CP06248D JOB00605 for dest LOCAL Has 2 pages.&#xD;&#xD;Total page count: 12&#xD;&#xD;READY&#xD;END&#xD;

For some reason, there are no line-feeds when displayed by FF. Any ideas or suggestions to get it working on both FF and IE?

Thanks and Regards,
Larry

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If this is for HTML why aren't you using <br />?

If this is for HTML why aren't you using <br />?

I just tried putting in the <br/> and it just shows up as text on my web page in both IE and Firefox. Sorry if I'm acting like a newb here. Am I missing something in my HTML or in my HTTP Server that is not treating this correctly?

Cheers,
Larry

I would have to assume the latter. Is the code sample above the output of a program or the actual page contents in the browser (viewing the source)?

I would have to assume the latter. Is the code sample above the output of a program or the actual page contents in the browser (viewing the source)?

The above code is from the browser - view source. The thing about it being the server, though is, why does it work OK with IE and not FF?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.