Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by stultuske

hi to master :) pls help, how can i use and fix all fonts thats not in safe font in web.

@momonq1990

Can you at least be more specific?

i used font from google.com/fonts and it looks like good at moz browser but not in other browser. how can i fix the font to other browser vendor?

did you use the code supplied, that loads the eot font for 'other browsers' or did you not
is the other browser IE6
did you read the instructions, including fault finding, google apis are pretty good

You will need to embed non-standard fonts using the @font-face CSS directive. Otherwise, it is always a good practice to list more than one font in the font-family CSS property - in order of precedence if one is not available.

Two examples using this above approach are:

Example #1:

.headerfont {
   font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, 
                sans-serif;
   font-size: 14px;
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #000000;
}

Example #2:

@font-face {
  font-family: 'my_custom_font';
  src: url('path-to-font-file.ttf');
}
.customheaderfont {
   font-family: my_custom_font, sans-serif;
   font-size: 14px;
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #000000;
}

Please note that only a small set of font file types are supported by the @font-face directive.

Regards - Shawn

Edited by pritaeas: Removed url from fake signature. Check the signature option in "Edit Profile".

if you do want to use a font (for titles or such) that doesn't go well with certain browsers, create an image for that title and place that.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.